Windows Metafile Vulnerability Patch Released!

Mike Rochip

• Moderators

I was surprised they released it on the 5th, because according to some info I read on their website it wasn't to be released until the 10th. I suppose they wanted to release it right away which would suggest it wasn't just some low-risk it can wait type of vulnerability but instead a high-risk one.

I was surprised they released it on the 5th, because according to some info I read on their website it wasn't to be released until the 10th. I suppose they wanted to release it right away which would suggest it wasn't just some low-risk it can wait type of vulnerability but instead a high-risk one.

You're right, a lot of people were asking MS to release a patch ASAP, although Mike Nash, Corporate VP for Security at MS said "there is no imminent threat." Maybe not on his planet...

CNN.com

Psst

Sorry Tarun, I didn't see that you had posted hours before I did until after I posted and I didn't know how to delete my post. Of course I guess I would have seen it if I had started this thread in the right section of the forum! I blame Sony.

Blah, I read that boring article which kept getting more boring up until the boring ending. "Push and Pull Generation" that sounds so stupid so much so that it almost sounds like a we want your used car commercial: "Push, Pull, Drag your old s**t in for a trade in."

I Googled "Push and Pull Generation". Described me (And I imagine you as well) perfectly. We are:

Good Republicans until we became involved with chicaco (Chicano?) art. We do not fit in because we're gay and our parents or grandparents speak Spanish.

It all makes sense now.