Complete stable Audigy 2 ZS driver

englishmen

I'm having some problems with the sound in F.E.A.R. i.e. there is none ;) . I thought i would try to update my Audigy 2 ZS driver but can only find a update and a beta. Does anyone know where i can find a complete driver i.e. not a update to a existing one i already have installed and not a beta, thanks.

I have tried the creative site but all that is listed is a update and a beta.

• Moderators

I'm not being too sarcastic. :P

Actually to clarify or recant my comments; The drivers alone (not the software) don't give me any problems.

Here's when the problems start; Now if I install all of their sound card software that is resident and runs next to the system clock at every system startup that's when the trouble begins since the software itself has issues that show up in the WinXP Pro EventLog. The software is slow and sluggish hence the reason I now only install the drivers.

Caveat; By not installing the software I don't have Dolby Surround Sound/Dolby Digital support from my speakers, or DVD audio playback support. However I'm gladly giving those two up in order to avoid their software.

I'm not being too sarcastic. :P

Actually to clarify or recant my comments; The drivers alone (not the software) don't give me any problems.

Here's when the problems start; Now if I install all of their sound card software that is resident and runs next to the system clock at every system startup that's when the trouble begins since the software itself has issues that show up in the WinXP Pro EventLog. The software is slow and sluggish hence the reason I now only install the drivers.

Caveat; By not installing the software I don't have Dolby Surround Sound/Dolby Digital support from my speakers, or DVD audio playback support. However I'm gladly giving those two up in order to avoid their software.

25879[/snapback]

Same here, all i want is the driver installed but cant find a complete stable version.

• Moderators
Same here, all i want is the driver installed but cant find a complete stable version.

25922[/snapback]

If the sound card came as an installed component on your system your computer manufacturer may have the download in the software drivers download section. I know the original OEM setup cd has the options to install all of the software, or just the drivers.