Where does Windows 7 hide cookies?

mpw101

I have Windows 7 (64 bit) and use IE9 (64bit).

When I use Tools>Internet Options>General Tab>Delete and check all boxes, this does not delete all cookies.

I go to CCleaner>Options>Cookies and there are many that are not removed.

But when I search my C: drive they are nowhere to be found even when I untick "Hide protected operating system files" and tick "Show hidden files, folders and drives"

I know after I run CCleaner the cookies are removed. When I go back to CCleaner>Options>Cookies they are all gone.

But I am curious where they are stored on Windows 7 until I remove them with Ccleaner. I used to be able to find them on Windows XP.

Also when I click CCleaner>Analyze no cookies are listed, but they are listed in Options>cookies and they are removed when I run the cleaner.

I have CCleaner 3.18.1707 (64 bit)

They are not Flash cookies. They are all IE cookies. They vary depending on where I've been. I use CCleaner frequently so none are ever more than 24 hours old. I just do not know where CCleaner finds them and deletes them.

I used to be able to go and see cookies were removed, can't do that with Windows 7, don't know where they are or were.

Computer>OS C:>Users>mpw>cookies = access denied

Computer>OS C:>Users>mpw>AppData>Local>Temp>Cookies = index.dat file only. No cookies. But CCleaner will show several to be deleted.

• Moderators

Try %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies

That's where mine are but you must have 'hide protected system files' unticked (making sure you apply and ok the unticking) in order to see them

P.S. Make sure to re-hide system files afterwards

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com