Router

Parvez

I am moving house soon and plus buying another computer for my sisters. One computer will stay in my room and the other at sister?s room. We are getting cable line as well. Anyone knows how can I have internet on them computers? Well, I know there is something called ?router? and so how do you connect them? I would appreciate if someone tells me the procedures in steps. Thanks

288olaow8888cq2.jpg

Article about Router on Wikipedia

You buy a router.

You connect your computer to the router via a TP (Twisted Pair) network cable.

You connect your sisters computer to the router via a TP network cable.

Now if you have a cable modem, you connect the router to the cable modem, if you dont have a cable modem, you connect it to the wall or something.

You might need to configure the router too. You can call up your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask them what you need to be able to use the Internet connection with multiple computers, they will help you.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

You buy a router.

Now if you have a cable modem, you connect the router to the cable modem, if you dont have a cable modem, you connect it to the wall or something.

You might need to configure the router too. You can call up your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask them what you need to be able to use the Internet connection with multiple computers, they will help you.

25101[/snapback]

Our ISP told us to call the Router company. I laughed and did all the work myself. But man... Netgear router's can be such a pain at times :rolleyes:

Heh, what incompetent ISP do you have?

Seems like a really stupid one...

25129[/snapback]

O.. believe me. I told them I was networked on a Netgear router and then they told me to call up Netgear and I'm like: WTH! How stupid are they? so... I hanged up and 'sighed" then went to work and everything worked out. I'm smarter then them on networking lol.

our ISP is Sprint. The service in the help department sucks. But they do go down in are area once in awhile. Not too bad for us but for some others I don't know. By god if we're paying $60 a month for DSL then we should at least get a call saying that the internet will be down the next week.

As long as I know how to fix the Internet I'm good.

You buy a router.

25101[/snapback]

Thanks a lot man B)

288olaow8888cq2.jpg