why does it take so long to scan

catt.thre

I have a different issue. I was having a slow file deletion issue on my pc ( OS is Vista Home Premium) PC is about 5 years old. Dell XPS 410. 1 GB Ram) amd contacted Dell who helped me speed up PC. Recommended I install the Piriform CCleaner. Currently when I click the Analyze Button, the program scans and highlights the results. However, when I click the cleaner button the deletion process starts but the green bar shows only 2% complete after almost 30 + minutes. Does it depend on how much junk needs to be deleted? I thought it should be within seconds with this program once you click the clean button. I just downloaded the program last week; so I am new to it's functionality. Has anyone experienced this long deletion process? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the cleaner? I generally have to end task the cleaner since the delete process bar seems to hang at 2%. Today its been almost 2 hours and the bar has not progressed any further.

running it again right now and it has been 15min stil at the same spot as before, it says system/temp today instead of windows/temp. when it finished yesterday I made sure there wasn't anything in any of my temp folders. before I ran it now I made sure there wasn't anything in them now. started running at 10:40 and is still at 30%. when it is done will go back to previous version which I didn't have this problem.

time it started was 12:40 still at same spot

Edited by catt.thre

Even that's fairly long. Just ran this so you could have something to compare with.

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (8.534 secs) 50.8 MB to be removed. (Approximate size)
Secure file deletion enabled - Simple Overwrite (1 pass)

Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files	2 KB		7 files
Internet Explorer - History			32 KB		1 files
Windows Explorer - Recent Documents		20 KB		7 files
System - Windows Log Files			393 KB		8 files
Utilities - Sandboxie				51,590 KB 	399 files

I suggest you revert to 3.13 and try again with v3.15 when it arrives. Maybe 3.14 just doesn't mesh well with your setup.

Are you using Secure Deletion.

Gutman 35 pass is a different user experience :wacko:

Are these temp files all held in C:\,

or on other partitions and drives, possibly via reparse points which could make CCleaner think were on C:\