no update available/ Cannot connect

Alan_B

I have just updated to 3.14.1616.

I KNOW this is the latest and no update is available,

and when it is I do not want it until a time that I choose.

I wish it would NOT waste my mouse clicks having to dismiss that STUPID notification before it will deign to Analyze.

I tried disconnecting the internet and got similar pop-up aggravation to say it could not connect

I DO NOT WANT IT TO CONNECT.

Please fix the code, or tell me how to stop this insanity.

I am using the Portable version of 3.14.1616 under Windows 7 Ultimate on a 4 core x64 bit system.

• Moderators

Alan Calm Down, I assume that for some reason check for updates link keeps being pressed by your computer. The popup box only appears if there is a new version, and the website which is what you are describing only pops if you press the link.

(wow this doesn't seem like the normal alan_B post/thread :-/ )

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Sorry I forgot to mention one detail :-

I used a *.BAT script that was placed in the CCleaner folder and had the command

CCLEANER64 /DEBUG

Then I waited for the Analyze button to un-grey so I could Analyze and then close without any further action.

All I wanted was the CCleaner{date}.log file to see the consequences of various versions of Winapp2.ini

I am sorry for the panic, but version 3.13 did not give me this aggravation - it just did the job I needed.

About 6 times in quick succession I launched this v3.14 CCleaner64 and the pop-up blocked control until I dismissed it - again and again and again.

I now find that if I launch CMD.EXE and Change to the directory holding CCleaner64,

the command "CCLEANER64" results in no pop-up aggravation, and CCleaner.ini is not updated,, BUT

the command "CCLEANER64 /debug" gives pop-up aggravation, and CCleaner.ini IS updated and the "UpdateKey=????" is updated.

This problem now seems to be entirely due to the use of the "/debug" option in 3.14,

and is something I never noticed in 3.13.

• Moderators

SMH

yes debug does pop up an update, afaik this has happened for at least the last few versions.

but as it doesn't happen in non-debug, and you're not really using debug in the manner that it is made. . . so I guess. . . maybe it'll be fixed :-/

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com