750 million downloads?

Winapp2.ini

That is very impressive!

I downloaded CCleaner a number of times over the years, both for testing & recommending to people.

I figure, I have downloaded it a minimum of 250 times. Perhaps as much as 1,000 or more. Maybe more, because I do recommend it a lot to people, & download it for them/set it up, etc. Could be 10,000 times over the years. I will stick with just 250 though.

I calculated that if each user downloaded it an average of 250 times over the lifetime of CCleaner, then this translates into a user base of around 3,000,000 people.

(750,000,000 divided by 250)

If you use 1,000 -> 750,000 people.

And if you use 10,000 -> 75,000 people.

I doubt most people downloaded it 10,000 times, but I do help a lot of people, & do a lot of recommendations/downloads if I see something to help someone out. Show them how it works the first time, etc. I probably do download a lot more than the average, which I apologize for, but hey, if your helping others, no biggie, right? I always let others know about the virtues of CCleaning their system! :)

If everyone downloads 25 times -> 30,000,000 users

50 times -> 15,000,000 users

100 times -> 7,500,000 users

I would love to imagine that there are around 60,000,000 users, or a lot of people downloading around 12 to 13 times, but I don't know how accurate that is!

Yep, +1 to that, but me and Login are close on Piriforms heels.

:lol: 160 files in the "CCleaner" folder alone. Yeah, yeah, I know, but I'm in therapy for it.

Seriously, though, accolades to CCleaner. Super software: light, fast and effective.

Edit: And still free. Piriform has avoided the path many sofwares take, get it polished up and start charging for it. Bravo.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I don't miss the old one. Not with having to make it export old user settings, import the portable, then delete the portable, and re-import the exported... Not to mention having to register a .dll or two to get it to run, then de-register it after running. Or even detecting if CCleaner is installed first before proceeding...

Love the new one much better, but just wish the tabs were like firefox. At the top, so it is less screen wasted!

You could just add them to Include :)

Usually there's a setting in the installer to not do that though...

If the installer won't play nice then include the installer as a target for the Includes :rolleyes: