Frequent updates?

josefo

I'd wish that the updates were not so frequent, because as soon as I finish updating to the latest version, a new version is already available. I suggest that the updates be limited to every 3 months or at least every 6 months, because it seems that with every update the software takes longer to clean my system. Also a detailed manual or tutorial be available for those of us who are not necessarily beginners but also are not advanced users.

Overall, CCleaner is a great program. Thanks! :lol:

You really do not have to get every update.

I am quite happy with 3.0.5 and do not expect to update until I update some application or browser.

When I do update it takes significant effort because an updated CCleaner MAY find something extra to zap on my lean mean machine,

but there is also the spectre that it may purge something it hadn't oughta.

Therefore I let my PC get super dirty for a few days before running a side by side ANALYSE comparison of the old and new versions of Portable CC,

and satisfy myself that the new version causes me no fears.

I am also grateful for those who update frequently and report issues that get fixed before I suffer the same :)

In my opinion more frequent updates the better, but this 4 weeks cycle/month (?) is also good at the moment. Of course it might take longer while using a newer version, because it's scanning/finding more software etc. but I think it's just a good thing. Also using Winapp2.ini -file slows CCleaner down a bit, but it's worth it.

And like Winapp2.ini said:

Software like Web Browsers are ever changing (Firefox comes out every six weeks) so to keep up, CCleaner is released about every four weeks or so.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when software was NEVER updated. Ever, you got it and that was it. No fixes, no patches no nothing!

At this rate, we'll be seeing changes on a daily basis. IMHO too fast for my tastes. Frequent updates tell me one thing, the software was not written correctly in the first place.

I remember when software was NEVER updated. Ever, you got it and that was it. No fixes, no patches no nothing!

At this rate, we'll be seeing changes on a daily basis. IMHO too fast for my tastes. Frequent updates tell me one thing, the software was not written correctly in the first place.

I don't quite agree with that. Once a month is a good phase for CCleaner; to add new programs, add/edit new versions of new/already listed programs, fix old entries and other bugs, update languages if necessary etc.

That's a bit of a silly comment. CCleaner cleans a hell of a lot of programs, and thats a hell of a lot of programs that themselves are being regularly updated, changed etc. CCleaner HAS to be updated to keep up with the constant stream of changes in all those other programs, otherwise users would be coming here complaining how it doesn't clean a bunch of programs since those programs updated.

That's a bit of a silly comment. CCleaner cleans a hell of a lot of programs, and thats a hell of a lot of programs that themselves are being regularly updated, changed etc. CCleaner HAS to be updated to keep up with the constant stream of changes in all those other programs, otherwise users would be coming here complaining how it doesn't clean a bunch of programs since those programs updated.

+1 to this & I agree.

• Moderators

At this rate, we'll be seeing changes on a daily basis. IMHO too fast for my tastes.

Changes on a daily basis are a given, if you have a bunch of software installed it can be tiresome updating so much, personally I just update whenever I feel eager enough to for non-critical software.

Frequent updates tell me one thing, the software was not written correctly in the first place.

Not true at all, some software is in constant development non-stop, and if it's anything like a security app or browser, etc., those things need constant updates and in fact they may be getting updated too slowly. Although some software is updated at glacial speed i.e.; takes forever, or never and becomes abandon-ware.