BSOD when running CCleaner

ssanchez

Hello world,

Not sure if this is the right forum category to post this.

Here is my issue. When I run CCleaner I get BSOD.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

The funny thing is that I loged in to a different profile and ran the scan and no issues ran beautifully.

any help/suggestions?

I have gotten BSOD via the last two updates of vers. 3,11.

Uninstalled both times, reinstalled vers. 3.10, works fine... I have attached a .zip of the mem dump from the newest version that crashed.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

WER-62728-0.sysdata.xml.zip

Always do the right thing...this will gratify most people and astonish the rest...

• 3 weeks later...

After having installed both versions of 3.11 and experienced BSOD's on both, I thought I'd try out the newest version, 3.12... same results. The latest stable version for me has been 3.10.1525. I haven't done any major changes to my system in the last couple of months, so I can't figure out the issue.

This is quite frustrating, as I have been an avid CCleaner user for years (I remember when it was called "CrapCleaner")... I can't understand why I haven't been able to use the last three updates without crashing my system, since over the years I have routinely installed literally dozens upon dozens with no problem.

If anyone can help, please do. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit, and have attached the crash file via a .zip

10-25-2011 After new CCleaner install.zip

Always do the right thing...this will gratify most people and astonish the rest...

Does this apply to everyone, i.e. a BSOD caused by Analyse as opposed to Clean ?

ran the scan and no issues ran beautifully.

If analyse causes the crash I would suggest some problem is stuck in the registry.

Try the Portable version of CCleaner which you can unzip to a different folder if you wish.

• 2 months later...

Yea, I've just started getting the same error message. Strange...happened a while back, but then straightened out on its own. Thanks for looking into it. :)

EDIT: Issue seems to have resolved itself. CC running smooth and doing its normal job.

No issuess here with v3.14.1616 (64b), or any other previous versions, on Win 7 HP 64B SP1.

If in your shoes, I would:

• make a complete backup of the disk
  • uninstall CC
  • reboot
  • delete all found in C: or any other drive
  • delete all found in the registry (keys, values, & data after very careful review)
  • reboot
  • re-install CC and hope all is good (but only after you are certain all traces of CC is gone)

If not, restore the disk backup you created and wait for the develepores.

• Moderators

That seems to be a bit of a sledge hammer for an occasional (and not 100% recreatable) problem, you must work for some sort of tech support line ;) (j.k. but it really does seem overkill for an occasional BSOD)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com