Defraggler Crashes When Defragmenting

NomNom

Hi there

I would like to report a bug in Defraggler. When I tell it to defragment one of my hard drives it proceeds to do so then about 10seconds later it would crash for no apparent reason. I have 5 hard drives + 1 ssd in my pc and this is the only hard drive that I have this problem with. The hard drive in question holds my Documents in it. Another thing to note is that for this specific hard drive defraggler does not show the Health tab, whereas it does for all the other hard drives. What also is interesting to note is that this hard drive that I am having problems with has a twin, I have the exact same model hard drive in my pc that holds my programs/games, and I had no problems defragmenting it.

Let me know if you require any more information from me, suchas logs screenshots ect.

I have uploaded a simple screenshot showing the problem hard drive and the fact that the health tab is missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT:

Sorry I forgot to add the vital information:

Version of Defraggler: 2.07.346 (64-bit)

I have attached a /debug log to help the developers find the problem.

post-57306-0-75575800-1316215497_thumb.jpg

Defraggler64.exe.2_7_3462011-09-17_01-35.txt

CM Scout | CM 650W | CM Hyper 212 + | Asus P7P55D-E LX | i5 760 @ 3.3GHz | Kingston HyperX H2O 4GB | 60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 | 5TB | Club3D 6870 | 23" Samsung P2350

• Moderators

I've never been able to defrag a particular hard disk myself with Defraggler since it was first released, which I suppose could possibly be due to the thousands upon thousands of small files on it.

Perhaps run ChkDsk on your problem drives, although I don't know if that will help.

I've never been able to defrag a particular hard disk myself with Defraggler since it was first released, which I suppose could possibly be due to the thousands upon thousands of small files on it.

Perhaps run ChkDsk on your problem drives, although I don't know if that will help.

Will do that now.

CM Scout | CM 650W | CM Hyper 212 + | Asus P7P55D-E LX | i5 760 @ 3.3GHz | Kingston HyperX H2O 4GB | 60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 | 5TB | Club3D 6870 | 23" Samsung P2350

Is D: an IDE or SCSI drive??

Richard S.

it's a SATA drive