Version 2.07 bugs

Super Fast

Newest version still has the following bugs under XP SP2:

- Fragmented files list under Analysis Results & Current State still has the left hand parenthesis showing more of a telephony ( instead of a normal one.

- The fragmentation results for Analysis Results is automatically updated to match Current State, when it should just stay the same.

• Moderators

Superfast unless these issues are also present in SP3 I cannot see Piriform putting resources into fixing them.

After all even Microsoft doesn't support SP2 anymore with updates so why should Piriform :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hazel, SP3 does NOT fix them.

It appears to be a problem with it under XP.

The analysis results % fragmentation being automatically updated to match the current state fragmentation is a problem that occurs across XP/Vista/7

The 1st problem is XP only, but it should be fixed. The 2cd is across ALL supported platforms, & DEFINITELY should be fixed.

Hopefully, you will verify this when you get time.

I did, which is why I posted.

I never post without verification of a problem.

You should know this by now!

:)

P.S. When I reply to members about fixing a problem, it's either because I had the problem myself & know how to fix it, or I have taken the time to verify & reproduce it, which is how I am able to answer the way I do.

Thank you!

• Moderators

What I actually meant Superfast is that you said they were problems which occurred for you under SP2.(you made no mention of them occurring under any other OS and service pack}

These wouldn't be fixed if they just happened on SP2, it is not supported any more for bugfixes.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Yesterday I downloaded and installed version 2.07.346. The analysis phase for C: is much slower compared to version 2.06. All other drives are OK, including the pair of PATA drives. I'm not saying this is a bug but it is a question.

My system: XP Pro SP3 fully updated; ASUS P5Q; Intel E8500; 4GB memory; 4 SATA drives, C: 500GB, D:1TB,2 optical drives; PATA drives, E: 360GB, F: 360GB. All HD's are formatted NTSF and no compression. C: MBR contains GRUB for a dual boot system.

• Moderators

Originally, I had expected that this was just a known thing. Especially for moderators.

Most guys already realise this, but the moderators are just volunteer members like yourself Super Fast.

We don't work for Piriform, and we don't get any tuition or guidance of any type from Piriform regarding their software.

The only difference is we have a different badge and a few controls to get rid of spammers etc., and we try to keep the forum running as smoothly as possible.

Well, here's a "bug" of sorts: the program spends more time thinking about what file to move next than it does actually moving the files. I am puzzled immensely by this, as I would expect that a computer that can calculate 16.7 million digits of Pi in 3.8 seconds could figure out what file to move next in less time than that, but sometimes there is no disk activity while D is running for upwards of a second, then just a quick blip, and another wait. When a large file is being moved, the disk stays busy, but then it goes right back to thinking only. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if it takes 500ms to figure out what to do next after each and every file move, it will take a very long time to defragment most hard drives. Is there any way to tighten this down?

640GB Samsung, Vista SP2

Yesterday I downloaded and installed version 2.07.346. The analysis phase for C: is much slower compared to version 2.06. All other drives are OK, including the pair of PATA drives. I'm not saying this is a bug but it is a question.

I was just about to report this. The analysis phase takes forever now. It use to take like 10 seconds and now its like 50 seconds.