How-to use CCleaner

laltoo

Most applications I've downloaded have a very useful 'how-to' section. I suggest that Piriform add such to the CCleaner download. As a newbe, I spent quite a while trying to find out how to accomplish a simple action: how to delete the cookies in the 'Options' area. The answers I got were not responsive to the question (probably because it could not be done THERE), but I finally got a lead by browsing previous posts. Did I miss a How-to section in my dl? Can such be found on the internet? Considerable time could have been saved by me and the answerers if this were available.

Please take this to be constructive criticism, as it is meant...one rarely demeans such a useful application which is FREE :unsure:

Please take this to be constructive criticism...

I'm also a regular user and from my own experience in particularly using CCleaner I have to say your question can be justified.

When searching & looking for something for instance 'HELP' it may be logic connecting a Wiki section with "Support"

Another logic place we first check are the upper higher border were often a button or a menu to that kind of content can be found. Sidepanels may also work only it can be easily reachable where people having their eyes.

In my case where this info reached me - it was here in the forum as happened for you.

One of the reason for this is that the links to the 'Docs' helping page has been placed very far down on many of these pages or difficult hidden inside other pages. Why not let each software in http://docs.piriform.com/ having their own link under the 'Support' button where user will see it easy?

Same issue inside CCleaner, could be bigger text in pointing this out where to reach help, tutorials, documentations and so on. Never use the lower space on webpages or in software, human minds doesn't look there in first place.

Otherwise there's nothing to say about the documentation, it's one of the best.

• Moderators

Linking to the Docs site and having a visible link at the top of the forums to visit it has been suggested by many of us for well over a year now with absolutely no luck whatsoever. It's either someone tells you about it like I did in post #2 or you just happen to notice this not so obvious pinned topic.

Like so? ................. Linking to http://docs.piriform.com/

Sorry for my Eng. but yhea, think I understand your point there :)

It would be easy to reach for users as the distance is close to these other buttons & the searchpanel.

Just don't be afraid give it weight in make the link visible and give it some focus :blink::D

I made a couple of pictures as can be seen, perhaps it might give a few ideas on the way.

My suggestion is in the upper left corner as you already has the focus there with the rest of all the good looking links, the whole sweet collection of software B)

post-51064-0-22031700-1312734187_thumb.png

Take advantage of the existing Support menu (add a few links there as well)

post-51064-0-25945100-1312734227_thumb.png