Cant delete files using shredder after recuva ?

Gm98

Hi everyone,

i am new here so please bare with me,

i have tried to delete files "jpg" found using recuva many times, using a variety of file shredder software setting the passes to gutman 35 and the files keep getting found time and again.Ive also done a full wipe free space using other software and same files found i am at a loss and near to putting a hammer to pc :rolleyes:

Can someone kindly tell me what i am doing wrong,ive scanned pc for viruses spyware etc nothing found.

any help appreciated.

• Moderators

GM, I have merged and cleaned your double posts into this thread, so please don't double post again. I could say that it's unlikely that we will bare anything with you, but that would just be mean. And yes, do study Dennis's link.

Hi redhawk,

i have found some unwanted images on my hard drive and have been able to shred all but 16, there were originally 100s .

i did this by other shredding software as the built in function on recuva would not work.

If the files are in the MFT then it's not be possible to overwrite however you may be able to force an overwrite if you fill up your hard drive with dummy files until the space runs out.

Just be aware that when an NTFS drive is running out of space the $MFT is likely to fragment as a side effect.

Richard S.