Registry cleaner, use this or an alternative?

HelmutBlack

Hi all,

Crap Cleaner is great for cleaning out temp files, but when I've used the registry cleaner, it doesn't find nearly all the entries that other software does. Is this registry cleaner good enough to rely upon as my sole source of registry maintainence? If not, why is the feature even in the program and will it be improved in the future?

Thanks

come on... CCleaner is not a registry cleaner... or maybe it main focus is not on cleaning the registry... at least for now... the registry cleaner in CCleaner do not detect many issues... but the issues found are safe to remove, whereas many other so call "registry cleaner" found a lot more issues but some are not safe to remove... of coz this function will be improve... i believe... ;)

--==aGumon==--

I agree that CCleaner isn't primarily a registry cleaner and that it seems to err on the safe side but I ran it after using a highly rated reg cleaner and CCleaner found another couple of hundred issues (all of which were obviously safe to remove).

I think CCleaner is great for quickly removing entries left behind after Uninstalling Software.

I used Registry Mechanic sometimes .. the free version .. then look at the Log to see if any are safe to deal with myself.

• Moderators
I use Reg Seeker.

Not only does it creates a backup file of the registry before deleting obsolete entries, but I never had any problems whatsoever deleting all the entries it found.

RegSeeker is dangerous if you don't have a rather large exlude.ini file for things it should obviously ignore.