Boot time Defragmentation

Cueball

First off: the New Defraggler runs great but with one problem. Let me say that I like the new interface and the quickness of the product. The problem is in the boot time defragmantation process. I have been using Piriform products for a while now (actual time unknown.) At this point I have CCleaner, Defraggler, and Speccy installed. All have done a wonderful job but I know that bootime defrag can be a tricky endeavor.

Here is how things went: I completed a defrag and then set up for a boot time defrag. It asked me if I wanted to restart so I said yes. The computer promply shutdown and restarted. It started to defrag and then stopped giving the error that a hive in the registry could not be loaded. It then reset and restarted. No damage to the system.

The other day, I did a sfc/scannow with no problems found. I keep the registry clean.

Asus M4A77D MB

2.2 Ghz Athlon 64x2

2G ram

WD 500G sata2 HD

Asus EN9500GT/DI/1GD2/V2 graphics card

Windows Vista Sp2 all updates

Internet Explorer 9beta

• Moderators

I wonder if this is the same thing as this http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=30237&st=0&p=180682&hl=boot&fromsearch=1entry180682

please note that Defrag 2.0 is in very early beta esp. the boot-time section

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hi, I just attempted to use the boot-time function in Defraggler and it appeared to finish rather quickly. When I got back into Windows I found that the pagefile was still in 2 fragments which leads me to believe that it didn't actually defrag anything in boot up. I'm using Win7 32-bit :)

Hi,

I run Win7 64-bit and I tried to do a boot time defrag. Except nothing happened. It asked me to reboot now, which I did, then it rebooted as usual, without ever defragmenting, and in a minute, I was on the desktop again. It looks like the defrag never started during boot.