From Where Does CCleaner 3.0 Derive Its List Of "Cookies to Delete"

LouieChuckyMerry

Hello, and thank you in advance to anyone willing to give of their time to help me answer my question; I appreciate it. I've been using CCleaner since I bought my first laptop four-some years ago, and it's one of the first programs I installed on my second laptop. I just installed CCleaner 3.0 a couple of hours ago, and as I went to Options/Cookies to select "Cookies to Keep" I was dumbstruck to see that the list of "Cookies to Delete" included literally EVERY website that I've ever accessed over the ten months that I've owned my new laptop. All this time I was running CCleaner I thought that I was erasing my internet tracks yet this information still exists! My question: from where does CCleaner 3.0 derive it's list of "Cookies to Delete" and how do I remove this list from my computer? Thanks again for any help.

ishan_ruiz: thanks for your reply. Where, exactly, would these cookies be? I've run CCleaner regularly for the life of my new laptop and manually deleted the Flash Player cookies, but when I go to Options/Cookies the list of "Cookies to Delete" still includes sites that I haven't visited for months.

Please, is it possible that someone can help me? I thought that my question in my original post was lucid, but I'll try again.

1) I've run CCleaner, on average, twice weekly for the life of my 10 month old laptop.

2) When I installed CCleaner 3.0 then went to Options/Cookies, the list of "Cookies to Delete" contains EVERY website that I've ever visited since I bought my laptop.

3) From where does CCleaner get the information to populate this list; that is, if I just ran CCleaner and deleted these cookies, then why does it still list EVERY website I've ever visited on the list of "Cookies to Delete," many of which I haven't visited in months?

Thank you again for any help.

• Moderators

some how I don't think the cookies to delete section is showing every website you've ever been to (esp if you've been ccleaning regularly with CCleaner)

•  
  • Make sure the following are checked off under your particular Browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox/Mozilla, Google Chrome, Safari) make sure that Cookies is checked and that all of your browser instances are killed (Task manager processes tab, look for any running instances and if you find them highlight and choose end task).
  • Make sure (if you use internet explorer) index.dat files is checked.
  • Make sure Adobe Flash player is Checked
  • Run cleaner
  • If they are still listed
  • check C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies (for vista/Windows 7) or C:\Documents and Settings\<User-Login>\Cookies (for windows XP)
  • you'll find that they are no longer there
  • a quick reboot of the computer should make these ghost instances of the cookies disappear from CCleaner

Also: Please don't bump a topic in less than 24 hours, if you haven't received an answer someone will answer, many of us are in other countries and all of us are volunteers.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Nergal: I apologize for bumping my topic; it had been overnight where I live when I posted the question again, so the thought didn't cross my mind (but I'll remember next time :-). And thank you for a solution. Yesterday when I'd looked to see that everything was properly checked under "Applications" I noticed that "Cookies" under Opera was grayed-out but unchecked and assumed (yep, never assume) that that was because I'd selected several cookies to keep. My mistake. After again running CCleaner 3.0, but with that checked, there are no more cookies (excepting the few that I'd decided to keep). And the reason that I thought that it was EVERY website that I'd ever visited was because "Cookies" under Opera must have been unchecked for months, as I don't remember having ever unchecking it (not that my memory is the best). Anyway, thank you very much for your kind help and apologies again for my seeming impatience. Have an excellent day.