Fantastic Chess Game

Winapp2.ini

I'm on my highschools chess team and we played a local school for gifted children, I played an eight year old and let me tell you - hardest opponent I've ever had. And I knew he'd be tough, I was trying very hard not to take into account his age.

I wound up winning because he fluked a bit at the end.

Heres the match :)

notated without "+" or "x" no identifier means pawn

Key: #. W | B

1. e4 | e5

2. d3 | N c6

3. N h3 | g6

4. B e2 | f5

5. o-o (castling) | d6

6. B g5 | N e7

7. N c3 | e4

8. N e4 | d5

9. N c5 | b6

10. N b3 | N d4

11. N c1 | N e2

12. N e2 | B g4

13. f3 | B h3

14. h3 | Q d7

15. K g2 | N f5

16. c3 | h6

17. B f6 | N e3 (oops..)

18. K f2 | N d1

19. R d1 | B c5

20. d4 | d4

21. d4 | B d4

22. R d4 | R f8

23. B h4 | Q f5

24. N g1 | Q c2

25. N e2 | Q f5

26. N g1 | Q c2

27. N e2 | Q b2

28. R e1 | Q a3

29. N c3 | K f7

30. R e7 | K g8

31. N e2 | Q f3

32. K e1 | Q f1

33. K d2 | C5

34. R g4 | H5

35. R g6 | K h8

36. R g7 | Q h3

37. R h7 | K g8

38. R g7#

Needless to say, it was no easy win, in fact I almost lost! :P

Shouldn't 3. N g3 be N f3 (or h3)?

Edit: You cannot have 6. N e7, it's occupied by 4. N e7. Did you intend to write 6. N f6?

Final edit: Disregard comments in this post because Winapp corrected the notation in post 1, making these comments irrelevant.

Sorry my notations were somewhat sloppy, let me check

edit: fixed, should have been h3 and f5 respectively for 3 and 4.

Using my hand written notations, the game ends like this: http://ompldr.org/vNXI1MQ (for anyone interested in tl;dr)

This proves true for my transcribed notations too :)

You lost me at 17. N c3. Black's remaining Knight is on f5 - can't go to c3. You meant to write N e3?

Scratch my query. I see you now corrected that. I copied and pasted your original notation and was following that.

I will copy/paste from 17 forward for study.

Really good game!

Chess originated from over here and almost everyone is obsessed.

I'm so glad that some people, especially youngsters are interested in chess. My dad tought me the game when I was about 5 or 6, I'm glad he did. I've always loved it, I wish more kids would put down the "Grand Theft Auto" type programs and try it.

I have the Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition on my computer and use it occasionally.

And it is played all over the world and has been played a long time!

.....The history of chess spans some 1500 years. The earliest predecessors of the game originated in India, prior to the 6th century AD. From India, the game spread to Persia. When the Arabs conquered Persia, chess was taken up by the Muslim world and subsequently spread to Southern Europe. In Europe, the game evolved into its current form in the 15th century. In the second half of the 19th century, modern tournament play began, and the first world chess championship was held in 1886. The 20th century saw great leaps forward in chess theory and the establishment of the World Chess Federation (FIDE). Developments in the 21st century include the employment of computers for analysis, team consultations, and online gaming......

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.