Color Code on main screen

I know that in the settings you can look and see what each color stands for, and that you can change each color to your benefit. However, I believe that it would be a good idea if beside the properties group box (shows your hard drive data) it showed each of the color codings, to make for easier reading.

I have attached a picture (terribly made :( ) showing what i have in mind. please anyone and everyone, let me know what you think. :)

post-39848-1284321220_thumb.jpg

Edited by DennisD

Thanks,

Richard Paulicelli

Firstgamefreak

Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire

By Carolyn Porter

• Moderators

Hi Richard, and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, I edited the large text in your post back to normal as it hit me right between the eyes when I opened it. :)

Secondly, I agree with you 100%, and it has been requested before. Opening a pop-up "drive legend" isn't the best way to display the colour guide. MHO of course. And it usually needs to be dragged out of the way.

Maybe not as big as your mock-up, but the idea is sound.

I know that in the settings you can look and see what each color stands for, and that you can change each color to your benefit. However, I believe that it would be a good idea if beside the properties group box (shows your hard drive data) it showed each of the color codings, to make for easier reading.

I have attached a picture (terribly made :( ) showing what i have in mind. please anyone and everyone, let me know what you think. :)

I like your idea, so + 1

But I think that saying Fragmented, then Fragmented (Low Occupancy) is dreadfully confusing!

How about Fully Fragmented blocks, then Partially fragmented instead?

I like your idea, so + 1

But I think that saying Fragmented, then Fragmented (Low Occupancy) is dreadfully confusing!

How about Fully Fragmented blocks, then Partially fragmented instead?

Thanks man. I see what you mean but i just copied the color settings from the actual settings menu. lol no confusion inteded by me. (maybe the programers??) :) thanks anyway though for the post

Thanks,

Richard Paulicelli

Firstgamefreak

By Carolyn Porter

Hi Richard, and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, I edited the large text in your post back to normal as it hit me right between the eyes when I opened it. :)

Secondly, I agree with you 100%, and it has been requested before. Opening a pop-up "drive legend" isn't the best way to display the colour guide. MHO of course. And it usually needs to be dragged out of the way.

Maybe not as big as your mock-up, but the idea is sound.

Lol sry bout the size :P. and Thank you for the backup. What is an MHO? and yeah lol i did the best i could lol i guess changin pics just isnt my thing. Thank you for replying and thanks for the welcom :)

Thanks,

Richard Paulicelli

Firstgamefreak

By Carolyn Porter

Read this.

Edit: Richard, you're playing with us. You are into Computer Servicing, Programming, and Networking yet you don't know internet slang and bookmarking? <_<

yes. but i always just used the term "favoriting". never really used bookmarking. i always just add websites to my favorites bar. i dont really use alot of slang when it comes to computers. :(

Thanks,

Richard Paulicelli

Firstgamefreak

By Carolyn Porter

You seem to have a thing about making an impact Richard, which isn't needed on here, so I've edited your signature down to normal text size.

Sorry, ill keep that in mind. but maybe if were not allowed to use it, it shouldnt be there?? just a thought..

Thanks,

Richard Paulicelli

Firstgamefreak

By Carolyn Porter

• Moderators

We're quite relaxed on here with regard to the forum rules in general, but one we try to be consistent on is the size of members signatures.

If we weren't, we would soon end up with more space taken up on a page by signatures than by post content.

You may have a maximum six lines of text in your signature at the standard size

Taken from the forum rules.

Don't think I'm picking on you here, but you did start your first thread with large text, and then you went "BIG" with your signature, which actually looks better now. IMHO.

:)

We're quite relaxed on here with regard to the forum rules in general, but one we try to be consistent on is the size of members signatures.

If we weren't, we would soon end up with more space taken up on a page by signatures than by post content.

Taken from the forum rules.

Don't think I'm picking on you here, but you did start your first thread with large text, and then you went "BIG" with your signature, which actually looks better now. IMHO.

:)

ok

Thanks,

Richard Paulicelli

Firstgamefreak

By Carolyn Porter