File Shredder

jwall

Hello,

I know some of you use File Shredder and I am having a small problem with it on my computer.

I have shell integration enabled and when i right click a file in windows explorer and shred it, it does not go away. The icon changes to a generic 'window'. I think the actual file is gone though, because if I try to open it, it won't. This is true mostly on executable (.exe) files. It might take three or more tries before the entry disappears. Text (.txt) will disappear right away.

If I try to shred files in the file shredder program itself, for example "call file shredder", or open file shredder from the start menu, the files disappear on the first try.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling file shredder, but it make no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

XP Home SP3

• Moderators

It's probably because Windows Explorer is looking at the file properties to display at the bottom of the screen in that bar, sort of locking the file I suppose. I've also had that issue countless times after it shreds some files mainly .AVI, and .MP3 which Explorer also displays properties for at the bottom, I just manually delete those files after if FS doesn't remove them from view. That problem doesn't happen though when shredding whole folders, or multiple files.

I found out recently that FS can also be used via a BartPE boot CD.

Thanks for that, Andavari.

I also have resorted to just deleting or use ccleaner, move to recycle bin and wipe from there. I was just wondering if I was missing something.

Odd thing is though, this occurs only on my desktop, but not on my laptop which is configured similarly, I think. :unsure:

Thanks again for the response.