Option to run CCleaner on Browser Shutdown

Smurfer

Hi!

Thanks for an excellent and useful program!

But why only an option to run CC on Windows startup? It would really be useful, and more logic, to be able to check an option to clean with CC when last Browser Window is closed. Or, alternally, to be able to run CC on Windows shutdown.

Thank you!

JN

• Moderators

Yes, the possibility of using a shortcut with the Command-line parameters "AUTO/SHUTDOWN/" in it is of course a way to work around the issue. But I would prefer if the program itself had an opion to run CCleaner, preferably connected to BROWSER shutdown instead of Windows shutdown.

I used to run "IE Privacy Keeper", which did just that, but this program does not work well with Windows Vista.

Yours,

JN

• Moderators
I used to run "IE Privacy Keeper", which did just that, but this program does not work well with Windows Vista.

So far, IE Privacy Keeper has worked fine on both My vista and Windows 7 boxes. It Causes index.dat cache corruption lately after the latest windows update, but this occurs only rarely.

I dont see the point. Browsers already have this function.

ie can only delete cache (not cookies, history, auto-type) on close and even then only that made by iexplore.exe (not by Outlook or anyother program) and not selectivly like CCLeaner or IE Privacy Keeper

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

be able to check an option to clean with CC when last Browser Window is closed. Or, alternally, to be able to run CC on Windows shutdown.

That's impossible, CCleaner can't detect such actions and them run automatically.

Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

That's impossible, CCleaner can't detect such actions and them run automatically.

It's called a suggestion, so obviously does not yet have that function. CCleaner to be able to monitor browser process would be simple. Would require ccleaner to be running of course.

Not all users are computer programming thinking. So what would seem like a good suggestion to running at system shut down, would be completely impractical and dangerous. They do not think about these things.

No fate but what we make

It's called a suggestion, so obviously does not yet have that function. CCleaner to be able to monitor browser process would be simple. Would require ccleaner to be running of course.

Not all users are computer programming thinking. So what would seem like a good suggestion to running at system shut down, would be completely impractical and dangerous. They do not think about these things.

I agree on everything you said.

Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.