Winamp Full Clean Url

corjello

Hey, a new winamp was released (5.11) and because of certain legal issues and partnerships, they are not allowed to post a link to their full install w/out the bundled software.... They do although, have the file located on their servers, (been discussed in their forum many a times). The only thing is, if anyone posts the link to it, they automatically delete it.... does anyone know the link to the full installer w/out the bundled stuff? Or can you ask your other forums you visit frequently if you dont know? thanks a ton!

)corjello(

Our beloved Winamp was developed by Nullsoft. Then it was later bought up by AOL and from then on, it has began to suck. No members of the orginal Nullsoft are still on the Winamp team.

Best version of Winamp was 2.81 or so, released 2002. Back when Justin Frankel (lead developer) was still in.

Justin now dont work for AOL anymore, he founded his own company, Cockos ( www.cockos.com ). Justin is a really cool guy.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators
are you sure its the clean install?

What do you mean by clean install?

The only thing I can think of is your talking about the Emusic add-on which is an optional install, although I could be wrong since I don't visit the Winamp forums and haven't for years.

When a Winamp installer has winamp###_full.exe it usually means it doesn't come bundled with other optional to install add-on's, the only expection being when it came bundled with get AOL crap that put links all over the damned system -- which as a reason I wrote an app called KILLAOL many years ago.

• Moderators
Best version of Winamp was 2.81 or so, released 2002. Back when Justin Frankel (lead developer) was still in.

The old 2.95 wasn't all that bad and is what I have on my Win98 system since Winamp 5 will choke a Win9x system since it was originally developed for Win2k and above.

well, its like nullsoft bundles winamp with the emusic thing and the aol radio stuff. and there is an installation file on nullsofts servers that doesnt have those bundled programs, the reason nullsoft can not post the link is because of the agreement they have with emusic and the other companies. They still keep the unbundled software for testing and things like that. I managed to go throught and uncheck everything i didnt want, sorry i used taruns links lol. Im thinking of only installing the lite version from now on, because the only thing i use winamp for is to play my music; but i love the jump to file (enque) its such a nice feature i dont feel like giving that up.