"Delete Entry" doesn't refresh?

redhawk

• Moderators

hmm I'm pretty sure it removes it from the list for me, what OS are you on Redhawk?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

This isn't a Windows XP problem it's a CCleaner problem or unintentional behaviour.

When I "delete entry" from "Tools", "Uninstall" the entry still persists on the screen like nothing had happened.

If I forced a rescan of the Uninstall list then it's gone, however I really shouldn't have to do this every time.

If I was to remove 10 items then these 10 should not be visible anymore or at the very least greyed out.

Richard S.

• Moderators

It works for me I can't recreate this, sorry :-/

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ccleaner earlier tonight did not update startup listview after deletion of an item. Had to switch tab for an update.

After restart problem stopped

Odd

(didnt think it deserved a new thread)

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

Well, number one, taht's why I asked for your OS because, my testing was on XP SP3 and thus I'll have to get/build an xp sp2 box (which I can't do til I have access to a disc on tuesday) so I can see more of what is going on

secondly I assume the user you have running is admin level. I notice that, in the movie, the entry disappears when you leave and return to the uninstall section, did I see this correctly?

Last this problem only began with 2.35.xxx correct?

(P.S. If it seems I'm being disbelieving, I'm not. I'm attempting to work out exactly where the problem is and where it is not, so as to help the devs look into this issue, if needs be)

one last question, why not update to sp3, it's very stable and contained nothing but previously release updates, and SP2 is no longer recieving updates (when you update to sp3 you'll see a whole bunch of updates that didn't install before sp3)

I did some testing on my VirtualBox copy of XP SP2 and it behaves as expected: delete entry from "Uninstall" is updated on the screen so it can't be a service pack problem.

I don't understand why the main machine is having such trouble, perhaps a program entry is causing CCleaner to misbehave??

There was one thing I did forget to mention in my first post, if I delete a entry from "Startup" the list updates automatically (unlike "Uninstall").

As for installing SP3 I've been holding back for various reasons: lack of hard drive space and too many installed programs I cannot afford to break.

I've installed Service Pack 3 on my laptop over an old install and it messed it up big time, I don't want the same to happen to my PC.

Once I've made room on my spare hard drive I will do a fresh XP SP3 slipstreamed CD install and then migrate my applications over one by one.

Richard S.

I did some testing on my VirtualBox copy of XP SP2 and it behaves as expected: delete entry from "Uninstall" is updated on the screen so it can't be a service pack problem.

Please clarify, what is the nature of this "copy of XP SP2".

i.e.

Did you create a perfect backup image of the system with Acronis/Macrium/Ghost/etc,

and then install VirtualBox and restore within these confines the image with all its existing warts, wrinkles, and update failures ?

Or did you simply install Virtualbox and then use standard Windows Installation discs to give you the virtual XP as Microsoft intended 10,000 security patches ago ?

Alan

• Moderators

Please clarify, what is the nature of this "copy of XP SP2".

i.e.

Did you create a perfect backup image of the system with Acronis/Macrium/Ghost/etc,

and then install VirtualBox and restore within these confines the image with all its existing warts, wrinkles, and update failures ?

Or did you simply install Virtualbox and then use standard Windows Installation discs to give you the virtual XP as Microsoft intended 10,000 security patches ago ?

Alan

Oddly worded, but great question. In essence you're asking if the Vbox version is a clean test machine (which deletion of uninstalls works on) or if it is setup exactly as his machine with the issue is (a copy of that machine, recreated in vbox) and it still doesn't have the issue.