Recuva does not restore videos from SONY Bloggie

bloggieuser

Hi there,

I have discovered the following incompatibility (unfortunately) with RECUVA (version 1.37 and 1.38) - I?m trying to restore some deleted movies from a 4 GB SD card.

RECUVA does restore all files and they have the exact same and correct filesize, but the videofiles are damaged! I tried to play them with Quicktime and VLC but the files are unplayable :-(

I have prepared an archieve for reviewing, but I don?t know to whom I can send the mail - it seems there is just one single bit wrong, but who knows ? It might even be a SONY bug, but I hope you guys can solve tje problem.

Thanks a million!

regards

Bernd aka Bloggieuser

platform: Windows XP SP3 - ERROR message -2048

• Moderators

Sadly, no recovery program is perfect and even if they show as recoverable it may be that they were still corrupted.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Sadly, no recovery program is perfect and even if they show as recoverable it may be that they were still corrupted.

No, because I took a fresh SD Card - deleted some sample files and then tried to recover the files = same result! So there IS some kind of principal error!

Please can someone look into this incompatibility ? I mean the SONY Bloggie camera is no underdog / no name camera. I?m sure there will be some more customers with this problem.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi - you?re my only hope! Thanks a million!

It doesn't matter what software you use (and believe me I've tried a lot) if Recuva recovers files as damaged then other programs would do the same.

Windows doesn't have any mechanism for protecting and tracking deleted data files can be removed and damaged in the process or data overwritten by new files.

Richard S.