interaction with revo ?

brianzion

I don't know if it's just me but from just reading your thread i have no idea what you are asking for.

Revo what? Revo uninstaller? Revo something else? What do you want ccleaner to do with revo?

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

The op is is referring to Revo Uninstaller, however unless what's wanted is better explained I also haven't the slightest idea what this thread is really about.

You need to explain your suggestion!

it would be good if the cleaner could work alongside revo (http://www.revouninstaller.com/)

You really need to give more information. We are all aware of what revo uninstaller is. Can you give a descriptive post of what you would like ccleaner to do with revo.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

If your suggestion is going to be along the lines that ccleaner triggers Revo instead of the Windows API (add/remove programs) well the I would have to say I don't think I would go for that.

Quite a few security type softwares state NOT to use 3rd party uninstallers on them as 'bad' things can happen.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

yes something along that line in revo you have the choice to just use the programs built in uninstaller or both.

Still not really very descriptive, are you saying you would like ccleaner to be able to scan for left over files/reg entrys after running the applications own uninstaller.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

Quite a few security type softwares state NOT to use 3rd party uninstallers on them as 'bad' things can happen.

Yes, and many will cause nothing but system havoc when uninstalling some antivirus and firewall software and/or most of the application gets left behind and then can't be removed at all with uninstallers like Total Uninstall or ZSoft Uninstaller because those security programs haven't been clued in during uninstall that they need to disable resident drivers to allow for a successful uninstall. They can also cause a nightmare scenario if used to remove software drivers, such as display card drivers, etc., and can easily damage Windows in the process. Revo Uninstaller is much different though as it runs the actual uninstall program then scans for left over junk so that shouldn't be an issue caused by it.

Although I use Revo Uninstaller I admit it would be cool if CCleaner's uninstall tool scanned for left over junk like Appdata and Registry keys, etc., but that would also detail a user has to know what they're doing also with more interaction during uninstalling software which also increases the chances of something going wrong and being removed that's not related to an uninstalled program.

I really see no point in diverting the Piriform developers from enhancing their own products.

Why should they waste time creating "me-to" capabilities to compete with RevoUninstaller + ZSoft + Total Uninstaller and numerous other things ?

I probably use RevoUninstaller once a year.

I use CCleaner every day.

I use OpenOffice once a week.

For me it would be far better to bundle OpenOffice into CCleaner than to be additionally hit with the extra launch time of an uninstaller I almost never use.

Incidentally, every time I do use Revo I find a later version is available to download.

I far prefer CCleaner to continue improving its capability against the ever evolving privacy threats of Adobe cookies.

Alan

I really see no point in diverting the Piriform developers from enhancing their own products.

Why should they waste time creating "me-to" capabilities to compete with RevoUninstaller + ZSoft + Total Uninstaller and numerous other things ?

I probably use RevoUninstaller once a year.

I use CCleaner every day.

I use OpenOffice once a week.

For me it would be far better to bundle OpenOffice into CCleaner than to be additionally hit with the extra launch time of an uninstaller I almost never use.

Incidentally, every time I do use Revo I find a later version is available to download.

I far prefer CCleaner to continue improving its capability against the ever evolving privacy threats of Adobe cookies.

Alan

Me too