CCleaner Auto Registry Scanning

NeilA

Quickly reading through some of the topics, I see that there has been some discussion on this subject.

I am the first to agree that an automatic cleaning of the Registry would be absolutely dangerous and never to be undertaken.

However, CCleaner has two functions relative to Registry cleaning ---- "Scan for Issues" and "Fix Selected Issues".

I think it would be a very handy feature to be able to schedule in the Windows Task Scheduler an automatic execution of CCleaner with the Scan for Issues option only. The resultant screen with list of problems found could be presented and left for the user to act on as thought fit whenever was suitable.

Any way of easily doing this???

Thanks.

• Moderators

As fast as CCleaner scans the registry maintaining some pre-scan results for later removal would be pointless in my opinion. I think CCleaner needs bugs ironed out before anymore bonehead features are added.

Considering the risk involved with any registry cleaner, I personally would never use something like a scheduled registry cleaner. I want to watch what is about to be cleaned and make individual decisions before clicking "Fix." Letting one run unattended is dangerous, IMO.

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)