DVD ROM Crash

Hello.

I Just crashed my secon dvd rom on 2 different pcs using cccleaner.

I cant update the firmware , i cant do nothing. This is not fun at this point. Lot of people with the same problem , and no serious answers.

Please any idea? any support from the people of Piriform? Because this is incredible...

Thanks

• Moderators

John you have to give more info than you have done.

What operating system do you have?

What version of Ccleaner?

Did you do a registry clean (issues)?

If you did a registry clean, did you make a backup?

I am not aware of lots of people at the moment posting on the forum with the problem you have mentioned.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

ROM means Read Only - cannot be rewritten.

FIRMWARE - sort of ROM be with some ability to be "FLASHED" to execute different code.

I do not see how your DVD ROM or FIRMWARE can be affected by CC.

My wild guess is that you damaged a registry entry that is needed for use of the DVD.

More informative guesses can be made if you give full details of the exact model of DVD,

and information on your O.S. ( XP, VISTA, W7 etc ) is always relevant.

Alan

My O.S.´s are Win xp with sp 3 and 2.

yes, I did a registry clean, and backup , and restored the backup.

Sorry, one device its Matshita uj845-d ;dont exist drivers actually in internet.

The other is a Sony DVD rw aw g170a.

In both cases, they read cd´s but no dvd.

I restored the backups and nothing changed. I updated to the latest firmware of the Sony device and the update didnt recognize the objective device.

• Moderators

The type of damage the op is referring to is typically caused by installing then uninstalling some CD/DVD burning software or even software that installs CD/DVD burning support. During removal of such software it can hose your ability to burn discs, and in some cases read discs.

To my best knowledge of using CCleaner for six or so years it doesn't have the capability to cause that issue. Looking at Hazelnut's link to Microsoft support is possibly the answer, and there's also more Microsoft documentation about restoring the CD/DVD drive as it pertains to the upper filters and lower filters.

Thanks for the alrenatives, but i?ve already try them and they dont fix nothing, neither the upper/low filters values or the microsoft ??doctor??.

And i?m sure the problem was caused by ccleaner.In both cases , the problems just appeared when done a registry clean. Restoring the backup doesnt work.