Bug: The disappearing scroll bars.

• Moderators

This is a weird one which I discovered by chance.

The only screens in CCleaner which give me a scroll bar, are the Tools screens, "Startup" and "Uninstall". I've been meaning for an age to ask the question why, but never got around to it until now. And now, I find something weird.

I took the following two screenshots with Faststone Capture (Last freeware version) using "Ctrl\Prt Scr", and the reason for that will become evident.

No scroll bars: (Normal State)

J3OPCs.jpg Ihfvns.jpg

The above are the screenshots I was gonna post to show the problem, but when I took a screenshot of each using Faststone Capture in the normal way, this is what happened:

L7evHs.jpg cH53Zs.jpg

Scroll bars appear as I take the screenshot, are working as they should, and then disappear as soon as I leave that screen, never to appear again.

And to make it a wee bit more strange, there isn't a scroll bar on the "Analyze\Run CCleaner" screen, but it doesn't magically get one like the others when I take a screenshot:

QtOYGs.jpg

How does that work? smiley-confused005.gif

I have scroll bars on the exact same sections as you've posted (WinXP). Can't think what's causing that other than some sort of theme issue but you seem to be using the default XP theme so can't be that :huh:

• Moderators

I can confirm this however it's more of an issue with the width of the column named 'Description' when the CCleaner window is sized down small, i.e.; CCleaner isn't maximized and doesn't fill the whole screen. Just maximizing CCleaner, and increasing the width of 'Description' by dragging it to be wider enables the scroll bar on my system (WinXP SP3).

Perhaps a bug, but I don't know, and I've never noticed it before until this topic since I always have CCleaner maximized.

• Moderators

I can confirm this however it's more of an issue with the width of the column named 'Description' when the CCleaner window is sized down small, i.e.; CCleaner isn't maximized and doesn't fill the whole screen. Just maximizing CCleaner, and increasing the width of 'Description' by dragging it to be wider enables the scroll bar on my system (WinXP SP3).

I tried that some time back.

I can maximise the window, drag the "description" column all the way to the right, and then minimise CCleaner and have the scroll bars appear, and work as they should.

Sadly once CCleaner is closed, the scroll bars disappear again. It simply won't retain the new column positioning.

Come on all you clever clogs. I'm stumped.

Anyone else get this odd behaviour?

• Moderators

I have more info to add to this, I seriously think it's a bug hence the reason I've moved this topic into the CCleaner Bug section of the forum.

When I go into my large Exclude list the scrollbar is all goofed up, not only that I can't scroll any further down the list so what's in the screenshot below is actually how CCleaner is chopping off my viewing of the list - I literally have to open CCleaner.ini to see my full exclude list.

Screenshot (click to enlarge):

4c5df782902146.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...