Cleaner does not delete all at once

I don't know if this is a new thread as advised. Am floundering all over this forum. I have to run Cleaner a second time to delete temporary files. Is this normal? Not that troublesome, just wondering. Hope I can find any replies. Thanks for indulgence. Warlock

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

Hello Warlock :)

Do you mean you have to do 'Analyse' then 'Run Cleaner' then do 'Analyse' and 'Run Cleaner' again to delete temp files?

Hi Hazelnut,

Hope this finds you well today. Thank you so much for the response. You have understood the problem completely. It seems after the initial clean there is always a couple of files that did not get the broom. LOL So I just simply repeat the process until it indicates zeroed out. It's not a real big deal as I have plenty of time on my hands. I was just wondering if that was normal or could it be harmful to my registry which I understand is the Holy Grail. Thanks again and would appreciate any guidance in this or to simply take a pill and lie down. Warmest regards and enjoy talking with you.

Warlock

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

• Moderators

Most people do not have to clean more than once unless they have very large amounts to clean.

If there are no other problems then it should be okay :)

The cleaner (broom) does not clean the registry. It is 'issues' that does that.

Registry cleaning (issues) is a serious thing.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I see no reason to fear damaging the registry when cleaning files and folders.

BUT

Removing registry issues is a different kettle of fish.

I often analyse after a File/Folder clean, but have never seen anything that survived the initial clean.

I rarely find any registry issues, and generally those I find are removed at first attempt.

After a heavy day (un)installing, or Patch Tuesday Updates, THEN I OBSERVE THAT :-

After the first scan and clean of issues, the next scan does not see them again,

but it does have a better view of residual issues,

and I may have to clean 3 times before a scan finds nothing more.

Alan