Defraggler.exe Application Error

• 3 weeks later...

Defraggler.exe Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at location 0x004d9bf4.

Download Malwarebytes

Install, update definition, & run a full scan.

Sounds like you could have a malware installed that causes errors. I had similar probs with firefox generating an error on close, system task manager not working, avg installing + updating but resident shield + scanning did not work.

After removal of certain malware, all things went back to normal.

Download Malwarebytes

Install, update definition, & run a full scan.

Sounds like you could have a malware installed that causes errors. I had similar probs with firefox generating an error on close, system task manager not working, avg installing + updating but resident shield + scanning did not work.

After removal of certain malware, all things went back to normal.

Downloaded & Installed Malwarebytes. Updated files, ran complete scan of computer and found no issues. Tried to run Defragger again still get the error and the application crashing.

Any other ideas?

Downloaded & Installed Malwarebytes. Updated files, ran complete scan of computer and found no issues. Tried to run Defragger again still get the error and the application crashing.

Any other ideas?

Yes, I have some.

- How much free space do you have on your drive?

- What processor do you have, an AMD or Intel one? How fast is it?

- What windows version do you have, & what service pack is it?

- How much RAM do you have?

I can come up with some other suggestions if you provide me with these.

Also, did it just start? When did it first happen with you?

* Try to run System Restore to a date before this happened.

* If you are running XP with SP3, revert back to SP2. SP2 is much more stable.

* You seem to be running 1.18 of defraggler. / Be sure it is closed, uninstall it, delete the program file dir where it says Defraggler (get rid of the .ini settings file too). / Download the version 1.19 of defraggler, install it, & try that to see what it does.

Be sure to send the information back for your PC that I listed above if none of the steps I gave to you work. I do have other things you can try if that fails.

Thank you!

P.S. Let me know if it works, & if so, which. If not, report your sys info here so I can help you further.

• Moderators

* If you are running XP with SP3, revert back to SP2. SP2 is much more stable.

MrDon please stop advising users to solve their problems by going back to a service pack that is soon to have its support discontinued.

Most users have no problems with SP3.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

MrDon please stop advising users to solve their problems by going back to a service pack that is soon to have its support discontinued.

Most users have no problems with SP3.

Hazel, I don't know how many computers you work with. But I work with a lot. Of course, I also have hundreds of thousands of apps. Most apps call for SP2 or later. SP1 is out of the question. SP3 is newer, but it has a few nasty bugs & just doesn't work, or work properly with some things.

There is the claimed 10% faster speed, but at the expense of more bugs & things not working properly. There are a lot of apps, yes, that do work fine in SP3, but there are also a lot that SP3 fatally breaks dead. I am not advising the service pack reversal because of the loss of support, I am advising simply because I do work on a lot of computers for people. And I have seen a lot more problems with SP3 machines than I have SP2 machines. SP2, for the most part, just simply works with applications. SP3 is halfbaked. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I can tell them that SP2 is the best because I work on computers a lot & I know.

SP2 will still continue to work properly with or without support. Support is nice, but advising people to keep a buggy Service Pack, simply to keep them in a supported OS can sometimes backfire.

Please be aware, Hazel, I do not hate you, but I do not feel that you are aware of the extent of the number of computers I have worked on & the problems I have seen with SP3. There are a lot of people around here (& I assume where you live also) that claim to work on computers a lot with no problems with SP3 because they do not really understand as much about computers & what is causing the problems.

I worked in a computer place a while back, & I fixed computers that had been back there for years, no-one was able to fix them, including one that was password protected in the bios, but had 2 chips you had to jump, not 1. And it was not near the battery like newer ones, but near the side of the board (older machine).

I also did some other things while I was there that I do not have the room to discuss here. Please understand Hazel, a Service Pack does not require human intervention to work. It is, after all, software, & will still work after you, me, & others are dead & gone.

• Moderators

Please be aware, Hazel, I do not hate you

Now why go and say something as silly as that?

As a computer help forum we cannot advise people to go back to a service pack which is losing its support.

I have installed quite a few XP operating systems and have seen no problems with SP3. Nor have any of my friends and relatives.

Problems were caused when it first came out as users were unsure about what to do, how to install it etc. Also people tweak things, some folks had tweaked their systems so hard putting on SP3 may have been the final straw.

Bottom line is that we are not, as a forum, going to be offering the advise that a user should drop SP3.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I agree with hazel 100%, and I'll also point out that we have a Spyware Hell section on this forum, and it's forum policy for malware removal advice to be given only by our malware removal expert.

I would have deleted your post without hesitation if the person you were advising hadn't gotten round to reading it, so in future, please point people with malware problems to the correct section of the forums:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20120

Whatever you do with the computers in front of you is entirely your own concern, and is wholly different to handing out advice to folks whose computers aren't in front of you, meaning you wouldn't be there to fix any future issues caused by following your advice.