Opera users take note.

DennisD

• Moderators

I came across this by chance a few minutes ago:

pJcSQs.jpg

Bit of a flaming liberty if you ask me, and I should have found this before now. I've cleared that list, and you guys can make your own minds up.

EDIT: If you're normally sandboxed, you need to do this un-sandboxed.

Bit naughty, i just started using opera more lately since firefox (newest) has been a bit crap.

Will disable that now.

No fate but what we make

Doesn't that mean "if you visit those sites and decide to install an add-on, there won't be a confirmation dialog" ?

There's something like that in Firefox, too, and it works that way.

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

I'm not sure it's actually a security risk, but I cleared those items nonetheless. Thanks for the heads up!

I didn't think it was a security risk either, I just don't like anything being installed or downloaded of which I'm not aware.

There is similar in Firefox, which is why I have that also configured to ask me before downloading anything.

The Opera "Download and install Opera Unite applications etc.. without warning", means exactly what it says to me, and I'm not gonna give it the benefit of the doubt to mean anything else.

As I said in the first post, make your own minds up.

:)

• 2 months later...

Wow. What a massive overreaction of a thread.

FYI:

When you visit a website that's not in that list, and click on a Unite app download, Opera gives you a great big warning, and insists that you add that site to the exceptions list before it allows you to download the file from the previously un-trusted site.

When you visit one of the sites listed there (all on *.opera.com) it DOES NOT give the site the ability to install anything silently behind your back or any such nonsense - it simply means that when you click the install button, you get an actual install dialogue and not a big fat scary warning blocking the install dialogue.

For anyone familiar with Firefox, it has exactly the same system for its extensions - ever tried installing an extension from somewhere other than addons.mozilla.org?

• Moderators

yeah, I think this is just Opera saying the samething that firefox does. by default addons.mozilla.org is allowed to intall addons without asking

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com