check for updates/browser

jwall

I've noticed on the last two updates, for me at least, that when it automatically goes for the new update (when available), Internet Explorer opens up, not my Opera which I have set as default browser.

Opera opens up first, then immediately, IE opens to the ccleaner website.

I'm using Opera 10.51. I don't know if it is an Opera problem, or if ccleaner some how defaults to IE when updating.

Can anyone help or explain?

Thank you.

Yes, it seems so. Even though I went to the Firefox options to make FF my default browser, if I click again on the "Check if FF is my default browser now" button, it says it isn't :blink:

[EDIT] Fixed by re-installing FF and rebooting.

Piriform French translator

Yes, it seems so. Even though I went to the Firefox options to make FF my default browser, if I click again on the "Check if FF is my default browser now" button, it says it isn't :blink:

[EDIT] Fixed by re-installing FF and rebooting.

Not so with Opera.

Opera 10.51 IS my default browser. When I update through the ccleaner program, Opera opens to my home page, then right away, IE opens and goes to the ccleaner web site. ccleaner is the only program I have that does this.

Something weird going on here and I don't know if it is an Opera problem or a ccleaner issue.

Try updating to Opera 10.52.

I did so this morning, so I'll see next time ccleaner has an update.

I'm trying to think back when this first occurred and I think it could have been when I updated to Opera 10.51 from 10.10.

Thanks.