Context Menu - Right Click A File To Delete With CCleaner

SteveVista

CCleaner out ways any similar commercial software, not only as it's free, but it is extremley well written. I do have a 'but' though and it's only a very small 'but'. If I want to delete a file by right-clicking on it, CCleaner is not displayed as an option to delete the file within the context menu. It's really a request, hope this is a feature that can simply be added in a future version :).

CCleaner out ways any similar commercial software, not only as it's free, but it is extremley well written. I do have a 'but' though and it's only a very small 'but'. If I want to delete a file by right-clicking on it, CCleaner is not displayed as an option to delete the file within the context menu. It's really a request, hope this is a feature that can simply be added in a future version :).

I see no point in your request. Please explain the benefit.

Having located the file in Windows Explorer,

simply hit Del key and then confirm you want it moved to Recycle,

or hold down the shift key as you hit Del and confirm you want it deleting.

Why bother to right click and wait several seconds for CCleaner to launch and prepare for action ?

Alan

• Moderators
Why bother to right click and wait several seconds for CCleaner to launch and prepare for action ?

Possibly wants to use one of CCleaner's secure deletion methods, which the recycle bin can be used for to house files which will be securely deleted later on.

I'm with alan on this one. I know some users would like this feature and as long as it can be enabled/disable then who am i to moan...

I just dont see the benefit of bloating a context menu, to open ccleaner (Because that's what it will do, the right click it's self can not actually delete the file. Must be caught in application events)

When you can do what alan said and run ccleaner later. My 2 cents worth any way.

No fate but what we make

Possibly wants to use one of CCleaner's secure deletion methods, which the recycle bin can be used for to house files which will be securely deleted later on.

If only.

I seem to remember requesting years ago that CCleaner SHOULD delete to the recycle bin,

so that if the system is damaged by a clean, the files can be restored.

The only way I see is a simple keyboard DEL to move the selected file straight into the recycle bin,

then it is ready for secure deletion etc.

Alan