Friends Windows Live photo albums not working in Firefox

JDPower

This is not a major problem as I don't go there often but it's bugging me that I can't suss out what's causing it. If I go to any of my friends photo albums on their Windows Live profiles and try to view their pics with Firefox (v3.6) the photo's just don't show, whereas they do show in IE and Iron without a problem. I suspected an addon but disabled the obvious ones, still no go, so tried FF safe mode to disable them all and still no pics load.

Anyone else have this issue viewing users photo albums with Firefox and/or have a suggestion what the hell is causing it???

FF doesn't support activex,right ? thats my guess or you can try IE Tab add-onto view it.

or you can go to http://kb.mozillazine.org/Images_or_animations_do_not_load

hope helps

It's not an active-x issue, it's just a web image, no active-x involved (besides Iron doesn't support active-x either and the pics load in that). Using IE Tab doesn't fix the problem (or help me understand what is causing it), just bypasses it. And just for thoroughness I went through the Mozilla KB article and nothing there worked.

Great find Hazel, you're a star. I never considered it being a cookie issue as I use CookieSafe and the pics still didn't load when allowing all cookies but that link was right on the money. Had to go into FF options, allow third party cookies (something I wouldn't normally like but know CookieSafe will block them anyway) and allow the livefilestore.com cookie in CSLite.

Minor irritation solved, curiosity satisfied, thanks Hazel. (Strange that I've got third party cookies blocked in IE and Iron too but only FF had a problem, but that is a curiosity I can live with :D )