Old Windows Packs&Patches&KrosoftProgs Uninstaller folders

Eric2

Hello,

I wonder why CCleaner does not propose to clean up the old Windows Packs&Patches&KrosoftProgs Uninstaller folders as the same way as it proposes already to clean up the Hotfix Uninstaller folders ?

I mean the following Windows folders:

%WINDIR%\$NtServicePackUninstallIDNMitigationAPIs$

%WINDIR%\$NtServicePackUninstallNLSDownlevelMapping$

%WINDIR%\$NtUninstallMSCompPackV1$

%WINDIR%\$NtUninstallWIC$

%WINDIR%\$NtUninstallWMFDist11$

%WINDIR%\$NtUninstallwmp11$

%WINDIR%\$NtUninstallWudf01000$

and so on ...

%WINDIR%\ie7updates

%WINDIR%\ie8updates

I know well that once they are cleaned up the related stuff can't be uninstalled anymore; so fine. I only mean as a windows cleaning program this could be proposed. The related uninstall keys in the Registry could be cleaned as well, so they don't appear anymore in the Add/remove Programs list.

:)

• Moderators

I guess you are on Vista or Windows 7 YEs? Microsoft No longer wants you to remove said packs from those OS's as it causes issues in new patches (Starting with Vista SP1)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Is there not more people than that interested by cleaning up that uselless stuff ? .. on my PC it s more than 1 GB in total ;)

so are we not talking about cleaning here ? :)

Yes but only if it's SAFE and I am assuming there is good reason not all "$NT...." folders are removed (when hotfix uninstaller cleaning was introduced it DID clean more, then the problems started being posted here, I know, I was one of them)

Is there not more people than that interested by cleaning up that uselless stuff ? .. on my PC it s more than 1 GB in total ;)

so are we not talking about cleaning here ? :)

That could be the difference between cleaning and breaking. You could always play around with a heavy-duty registry cleaner or manually editing the ARPcache as well as manually deleting the folders yourself. At your own risk, of course. Having backups and knowing how to fix an installed OS when it is offline would be key.