Problem with Tools>Startup

Huggyb34r

Ok im new here and i really need help :),

my problem is, i used from CCleaner the Tools -> Startup so i disable some things i didnt want to open when i open my pc, but by mistake i Delete the startup of my antivirus, i delete not disable thats how stupid i am, so if anyone can tell me how to bring it back, cause now i have to open every time my antivirus... can u help me

Ok im new here and i really need help :),

my problem is, i used from CCleaner the Tools -> Startup so i disable some things i didnt want to open when i open my pc, but by mistake i Delete the startup of my antivirus, i delete not disable thats how stupid i am, so if anyone can tell me how to bring it back, cause now i have to open every time my antivirus... can u help me

Surprised it let you.

what AV is it? If it's to much for you to re add it to startup. Just reinstall it. All setting swill be kept.

No fate but what we make

its the ESET Nod32 antivirus, ok ill try ones more to see what happens..

ty

If you drag its short cut into the start - all programs - startup

No fate but what we make

If you drag its short cut into the start - all programs - startup

this doesn't always work, especially for some system software which has complex startup options. if you simply drag it to startup folder, you will be missing out on options.

this doesn't always work, especially for some system software which has complex startup options. if you simply drag it to startup folder, you will be missing out on options.

Im very much aware it wont always, why i said reinstall to keep it simple.

And im still very very surprised it let you kill the key

No fate but what we make

Anres is correct.

When I was using ESET NOD32 v. 2.7, it had TWO START-UPS, not one.

There was one "invisible" protection *.exe that was launched as part of the boot sequence BEFORE log-on,

and another GUI *.exe that was launched after log-on.

They should be launched with special options from special parts of Windows,

and dragging a short-cut into the start-up folder will not achieve perfection

(though it may give an appearance that all is well)

When I upgraded from a USB modem to a Router/Modem the system was badly affected.

Previously the ESET GUI would try to get virus signature updates,

and would wait for the USB modem to sign on with my ISP before it could download and scan.

With an "Always On" connection ESET did not wait,

and it consumed CPU cycles and delayed other parts of the Windows Start-up sequence.

The delays prevented "Safely Remove", "Volume", "Power" etc. icons from getting into notification tray.

I removed ESET GUI from the log-on start-up, and added it to my own start-up script.

This delayed ESET GUI until the rest of Windows was running, and "Volume" etc. was in notification tray.

The ESET help-desk told me a special option switch that was needed when launching the GUI.

I did not alter start-up of the "protection" *.exe, but that too may have needed a option switch.

If you did a total removal and re-installation you should be O.K.,

otherwise get advise from ESET.

If you standardise upon one set of protection for all computers,

You may find it less confusing,

and a group licence for 3 machines should be cheaper than 3 different licences

Alan

Well I also had these duplicate startup keys when I was using Vista. I would monitor these startup items using Windows Defender ( I don't think we have this option for Windows Defender in Windows 7).

There are programs such as the applet for Windows Media Center, you disable it on startup using Windows Defender, you turn off the PC for the changes to take effect. You turn the PC on again, you use Windows Media Center again, you look at the startup programs on Windows Defender, you see that this applet now have a duplicate key for startup which is enabled besides the one that you disabled before. You can then delete the duplicate but there was no way to disable it permanently as long as you keep using Windows Media Center. It has no problem but was a hassle. This doesn't exist in Windows 7 though.

There are also programs that keep starting up when you open the computer, no matter how you disable them using msconfig, Windows Defender or CCleaner unless you disable them on startup using the program's own settings. One example of this is Yahoo! Messenger. When I first installed it, I immediately went to its settings and disabled it from starting on the computer's startup.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.