please help

jap smith

Use the latest CCleaner version. Let the settings remain as they were (unless there is something REALLY important you'd want to change).

Close your browser and other programs (Like WinRAR, Word, etc.). Run CCleaner. That should do the job. Don't worry about a few kbs of junk that keep re appearing!

Simplicity is hard.

Use the latest CCleaner version. Let the settings remain as they were (unless there is something REALLY important you'd want to change).

Close your browser and other programs (Like WinRAR, Word, etc.). Run CCleaner. That should do the job. Don't worry about a few kbs of junk that keep re appearing!

Thankyou for the reply,iv'e done all that and they don't just reapear, they are there constantly,every click, every time.As i said the first time i must have been deleting for at least 20 mins.Iv'e used ccleaner for years and just one click and everything has gone,'cept this time.

I dont get what you are worried about. You saying you run ccleaner then you rerun it and there is a few kb to remove?

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

If it's only removing just a few kb those are probably just Windows logs that reappear very quickly after running a cleaning tool. Having secure deletion enabled will slow down the whole process. If you really don't need the files securely deleted then disable secure deletion. Also if you have Wipe Free Space enabled that will take forever to complete, and is a complete waste of time.

Another issue is if you're using winapp2.ini, there's many cleaning entries in it that slow down CCleaner v2.26 and newer significantly as I mentioned here.

Also see http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/.

If it's only removing just a few kb those are probably just Windows logs that reappear very quickly after running a cleaning tool. Having secure deletion enabled will slow down the whole process. If you really don't need the files securely deleted then disable secure deletion. Also if you have Wipe Free Space enabled that will take forever to complete, and is a complete waste of time.

Another issue is if you're using winapp2.ini, there's many cleaning entries in it that slow down CCleaner v2.26 and newer significantly as I mentioned here.

Also see http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/.

;) Thanks for all your help,it seems to have righted itself,how? i do not know.