Auto Industry Recovery In Canada

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/74...sector-recovery

I recall we all had a discussion regarding the bailouts both here and south of the border. At the time I felt that the big three (chrysler, gm, and ford) would probably not merge (but might), and with government assistance would return to profitability and once again be productive employers. The Conference Board of Canada seems to believe the same. Above is a small article about such. Let's hope this industry recovers and people keep jobs, loans are repaid, and companies make profits. :)

• Moderators
btw, industries need more times to recovery,right ? ;)

They need people to buy their vehicles to recover. Then they need to figure out how to make very small engines super efficient while finding a way to deliver enough power from them. I'm thinking Turbo Diesel. ;)

I just wish they'd all start making better and more appealing looking cars instead of having perhaps one gem out of their whole lineup, and some don't have anything I'd ever buy.

I'm bored to death looking at most of GM's Chevrolet brand, and Chrysler's Dodge brand lineup whose designs look rather bland and too conservative to me. Hopefully with FIAT having a foot back into North America we'll be able to see something made and sold domestically that doesn't look so mind numbingly boring.