WMF demuxer For Windows 7 64bit?

Nullack

Gday folks,

So Im using the 64bit build of Windows 7 and I have some matroska media files I need a demuxer for. I *dont* want to pollute my system with DirectShow and video for windows type legacy crap so I've been searching around for a windows media foundation demuxer.

So far I've for the Divx labs demuxer. I installed it and its working fine but I just dont like Divx products (they ripped off MPEG4-ASP from an FOSS project). Plus, the install wanted to do a bumch of stuff I dont want and I had to customise the install to not install an MPEG4-ASP decoder, directshow etcetc.

So does anyone know of a nice light WMF MKV demuxer that does just that and isnt bloated with crap?

thanks allot

• Moderators

When you say demux for MKV are you attempting to make the video compatible with some hardware? For example the Sony PlayStation 3?

There's a PS3 video converter Mkv2Vob that takes MKV and TS and makes them into 100% playable PS3 video formats; MPG, etc. If the audio is already AC3 then it won't have to be transcoded, and the video typically doesn't need any transcoding and it does all this in only a few short minutes even for big HD MKV's.

Nah mate, Windows 7 already has decoders for the content being H.264 and AAC. Those codecs streams fine to xbox, ps3 etcetc as well as playing natively. The problem is that while Windows 7 comes with lots of container format support, Matroska isnt one of them and it cant demux the container to get at the media streams out of the box.

The divx tech preview is working at demuxing out the audio and video streams for the default windows 7 decoders to decode them. But it's a tech preview not an officially released product....plus it comes with a bunch of crap I dont want and perhaps most of all I dont want to use a company's products who does tricks like what they did with xvid.

So if anyone knows of a WMF demuxer for 64bit Windows 7 please advise.

• 1 month later...

Nah mate, Windows 7 already has decoders for the content being H.264 and AAC. Those codecs streams fine to xbox, ps3 etcetc as well as playing natively. The problem is that https://affmountain.com/my-wealthy-affiliate-review-and-results the Wealthy Affiliate works too well while Windows 7 comes with lots of container format support, Matroska isnt one of them and it cant demux the container to get at the media streams out of the box.

The divx tech preview is working at demuxing out the audio and video streams for the default windows 7 decoders to decode them. But it's a tech preview not an officially released product....plus it comes with a bunch of crap I dont want and perhaps most of all I dont want to use a company's products who does tricks like what they did with xvid.

So if anyone knows of a WMF demuxer for 64bit Windows 7 please advise.

Andavari when I click that link it just takes me to an empty forum. Where abouts is the download? Thanks.

• Moderators
'New releases and downloads'

That's indeed where the downloads are. It's a bit strange though I must admit for the downloads to go through the forum only, but hey he doesn't have a website to keep updated.

One very cool thing about the app is when updating, it only takes mere seconds versus re-downloading whole setup files.