after cleaning my system I loose my printer Canon iRC 2880i

Greenberg

I just got a Sony Vaio VGN-Z51MRG/B its running Windows 7 Pro x64 so installed all the software I need including CCleaner, now I do a a cmd such as "telnet 192.168.28.66 9100" it connects to my Canon iRC 2880i no problem I get the black in screen in cmd all good.

So now I do a CCleaner clean I did untick in oprions "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 24 hours"

I did tick "ISS Log Files" and ticked all IE and FireFox cleaning options

Now I do a registry clean back up onto my desktop, restart PC try to telnet my printer in no longer connects :( this took me a second VAIO system restore to find out the problem is due to CCleaner cleaning :( I dont wont to do another system restore how can I fix this!...

Here is the printer specs below

http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Work/Produ...dex.asp?specs=1

Did you use Registry Cleaning ?

If so, you should use the backup :-)

I tried registry restore straight away just after I couldn't tracert the device it didnt help, I then tried windows system restore just one step back that didnt do the trick either... Im guessing CCleaner has removed something important just as it did the first time before I done the Sony System Restore to out of the box 1st time state.

I have another PC running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 I do use CCleaner on it although it does not loose the same printer in the same network I can tracert it and ping the device no problem <_<

I wonder what CCleaner removes on my x64 system that makes it loose the damn device!

• Moderators
I tried registry restore straight away just after I couldn't tracert the device it didnt help, I then tried windows system restore just one step back that didnt do the trick either... Im guessing CCleaner has removed something important just as it did the first time before I done the Sony System Restore to out of the box 1st time state.

I have another PC running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 I do use CCleaner on it although it does not loose the same printer in the same network I can tracert it and ping the device no problem <_<

I wonder what CCleaner removes on my x64 system that makes it loose the damn device!

Sadly the only way to figure it out is uncheck eveything

and run ccleaner check mark by check mark looking at the analyis data (double click the summary item to see detail)

and test the printer after each one of these cleans

once you figure out what file(s) being you can use tool\exclude and tell it to ignore the file/folder in question

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Sadly the only way to figure it out is uncheck eveything

and run ccleaner check mark by check mark looking at the analyis data (double click the summary item to see detail)

and test the printer after each one of these cleans

once you figure out what file(s) being you can use tool\exclude and tell it to ignore the file/folder in question

I rather exclude the use of CCleaner on my Windows 7 x64 machines, I cant be bothered to go through multiple system restores just to see what's causing this thing

Do one or the other. Chances are it's the registry.

If it is the registry paste the entrys being deleted here.

No fate but what we make

Do one or the other. Chances are it's the registry.

If it is the registry paste the entrys being deleted here.

but the second time I restored the system I made a back up of registry settings using CCleaner when cleaning but restoring the registry settings didnt help... When I get back to the system Ill see what i can do...