can someone tell me when can i delete issues safely?

homunculus

guys how will i know if the issues after scanning is safe to delete?

i have these:

unused file extensions OISbmpfile, OISgiffile, OISemffile, OISjpegfile, OIStiffile, urn-content classes

mising shared DLL: windows/system32/pxwma.dll

open with application issues: system32/cmmgr32.exe,1, system32/cmmgr32.exe/settings"%1"

activex/com issue: inprocserver32/c:windows/system32/plugin.ocx, inprocserver32/c:windows/system32/macromed/flash/flash.ocx

application path issues: cmmgr32.exe-c:/windows/system32/cmmgr32.exe

i havent deleted them yet since i have no idea what the h3ll these are. any thread explaining each issue? thanks

Other users with more experience may chime in here but...

I had similar questions on what is safe to clean and was told by number of people here and elsewhere that you shouldn't delete anything unless you know what it is your deleting. Not sure if anyone can tell you what those things you listed are or not, but at the very least you should back up the registry BEFORE you clean up anything that the registry scan finds. May want to create a system restore point as well before you clean.

Also, you could download and install "ERUNT" (freeware) which is a registry backup software that can backup your registry after each initial startup. If you accidentally delete something that you still need you can recover from your ERUNT backup registry file.

Do a search here for "ERUNT" and you'll get quite a few hits. It's highly recommended by users here.

• Moderators
unused file extensions OISbmpfile, OISgiffile, OISemffile, OISjpegfile, OIStiffile, urn-content classes

These are always added after Microsoft Update applies a security update to Microsoft Office.

I've always allowed CCleaner to delete them with no problems resulting, of course I do this with Office 2003 and don't know what would happen with a newer version installed.