Problem with CCleaner 2.25 - crash

muchachos

Are you able to see which file it throws the error message up at?

(Firery look at muchachos screenshot, he's running xp according to the specs at the top of the ccleaner screen!!)

No, what I can see is this window and nothnig else.

I use CCleaner for a few years (all versions) but I have never had this kind of bug. Month ago I`ve installed polish program called Odkurzacz and after that CCleaner does not work.

I can scan and fix registry, analyze files but when I try to delete (Run CCleaner), the error message appears and CCleaner crashes.

When I scan my disk (using Run CCleaner) and in the same moment use Firefox, this message does not appear.

• Moderators

Can some one what reads the language (polish?) of the original detailed error please write a translation for us english forumers :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

i am seeing a crash as well...

Mine is actually handled, but not on the clean action... when i attempt to check the Tools, the Uninstall dlg crashes on enumerating installed items. I get the following message via an Unexpected Error dlg. When i try and report it via the report btton, it attepmts to close the applicaiton, but reports the same error message

AtlThrow: hr = 0x80070057

CCleaner v2.25.1025

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Intel Core2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz

4.0GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

CInstallationEnumAsync::Run

• Moderators
No, what I can see is this window and nothnig else.

I use CCleaner for a few years (all versions) but I have never had this kind of bug. Month ago I`ve installed polish program called Odkurzacz and after that CCleaner does not work.

I can scan and fix registry, analyze files but when I try to delete (Run CCleaner), the error message appears and CCleaner crashes.

When I scan my disk (using Run CCleaner) and in the same moment use Firefox, this message does not appear.

Uncheck All Firefox check and try cleanwith firefox closed, does it still crash? If not check each one of the firefox seperatly and clean each time, until crash. then report back :)

i am seeing a crash as well...

Mine is actually handled, but not on the clean action... when i attempt to check the Tools, the Uninstall dlg crashes on enumerating installed items. I get the following message via an Unexpected Error dlg. When i try and report it via the report btton, it attepmts to close the applicaiton, but reports the same error message

AtlThrow: hr = 0x80070057

CCleaner v2.25.1025

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Intel Core2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz

4.0GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

CInstallationEnumAsync::Run

I don't understand, this seems to be a seperate issue from the one being covered by this thread. Please start your own thread.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the cleaning functionality of CCleaner.

Does this also happen when you use the "Analyze" button?

The best way to helps us is by analyzing/cleaning one item at a time:

1 - Uncheck every item in the Cleaner screen,

2 - check only one and press either "Analyze" or "Run Cleaner" (which ever gives you the problem),

3 - uncheck item checked in number 2,

4 - repeat step 2 until you went thru all items and don't forget to mark down those that gave you problem.

Let us know.

Thanks

I too began having the error today. It was after I installed the latest Windows Update for BITS and WinRM, KB960568 and 968930. There were also a couple more for Office although I'd figure those weren't the culprit. I too am getting this error opening the Uninstall module in the Tools section like someone above. I usually don't use CCleaner to uninstall however it's the first time I've ever had an issue with CCleaner. It still works doing everything else.................