Annoying Clicks

Lycian Sage

hi!

ccleaner has a problem -i think- being neglected.

even though i checked related boxes in Options\Advanced, after scanning for issues in Registry and clicking on "Fix Selected Issues", CCleaner keeps asking for approval and continue for prompting. It first asks to wipe all or not then it expects to click on "OK".

i think these dialog boxes should be removed which slows the user down. remember that - in Options\Advanced- i have already checked to make sure that ccleaner won't disturbing me while fixing all issues in registry.

i hope it helps.

• Moderators

hint, this is because it is a bad idea to fix all issues

please read my signature

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

hi to all again.

i voiced the same issue here once. but the people who are responsible for "listening the users" heared nothing. i think they made this forum to learn how to run a forum. not for receiving feedback from users. i see many people are concerned with this "Stupidity Test" which comes from Micrososft traditions:

Test 1:

"Are you sure to delete the files?"

"Are you sure to delete all of them?"

"Are you sure to ....

Test 2:

"You did this. Click OK"

"You did that. Click OK"

"Someone did something. Click OK"

ridicule....

With the amount of newbie pc users who use this program, I don't think it would be a good idea to disable this check, the small annoyance to you is worth it IMHO.

And if you don't use the backup feature I hope you have another way of restoring the registry.

I know ccleaner is a very safe cleaner and I've been using "fix all" for years now, I still do the backup just in case.

Then clean those up every few months, it's not like they take a lot of room.

fireryone

i don't think "newbie users" is the reason for keeping this way of behaviour.

you can put a checkbox in the "Advanced" settings so that "Advanced" users may keep thinking that CCleaner programmers are caring of them as well as newbie users.

in one of the topics admins stated that ccleaner doesnt't list items in registry that are unnecessary if they don't do harm. so i don't think ccleaner will erase any registry item that is necessary. it almost erases nothing anyway. so i don't see a danger in that.

acting on the basis of "fear" is a primitive way of acting. only fashist ideologies expect people to first fear then act on the basis of that fear.

... so i don't think ccleaner will erase any registry item that is necessary. it almost erases nothing anyway. so i don't see a danger in that.

Tell that to people who believe they have had problems because of the reg cleaner's behaviour!

acting on the basis of "fear" is a primitive way of acting. only fashist ideologies expect people to first fear then act on the basis of that fear.

Fascism - wow, a bit heavy for a ccleaner forum. And in this case a completely inappropriate analogy.

I agree with fireryone that ccleaner has to cater for people who are new to computing. The registry is not something to be feared, but it is definitely something to be respected. It's usually people who have a blas? attitude to things like this that end up being bitten on the backside.

Yep such warnings annoy me too. However you can't start on the basis that everyone knows what they're doing. But as you and other posters have suggested, what you can do is to have a check-box in the Advanced tab so that experienced users can turn warnings off. That should keep everyone happy. And if the existing box doesn't do that (I don't know - I don't clean the registry with ccleaner) then I believe that it should be changed so that it does, or a new check-box should be added just to turn off registry warnings.

If notifications could be turned off (even via a line in the INI file) and they are enabled by default, I dont see a problem.

If someone is versed enough to go through all the options and choose what he/she wants, then it becomes less of a liability. If someone starts checking and unchecking numerous options without reading what they are/do then I suppose they have no one else to blame.

In short... There should be a way for users that actually read the guide and dont want to be annoyed by numerous dialogs to procedd without them. The number of dialogs/clicks are too much.

1. Scan for issues

2. Fix

3. Fix selected issues

4. Are you sure? (prompt, yes to continue)

5. Issues fixed (click OK to close dialog & return to CC)

• 1 month later...