System Resotore point - Stop cleaning them

nvgroups

I use Ccleaner often. Recently I noticed that it removes System Restore points. I use them when I install any new program or Microsoft patches etc. But Ccleaner removes them leaving me no chance to go back to my original state. I need to know how to prevent Ccleaner removing system resotore points. I want to configure how Ccleaner removes these points - remove only what I want. Thanks in advance.

I create a restore point and after two days of using Ccleaner the restore point is gone. When I go to Tools in Ccleaner I do not see the point I created. I do not see this point from System Tools -> System Restore. :(

It doesn't remove them unless you go into tools.

• Moderators

Oh I dunno, I think mine is set to 1%, the lowest it will go. That's still enough (1.5 gb) for over 50 points in XP. I seem to remember that if you have multiple volumes using sys restore and one is close to running out of space then sys restore is effectively stopped on all volumes. This might well not be the case in your setup.

I don't know how CC could do this. Your post - after two days of running CC the restore point has gone - is too vague. Do you have sys restore switched on? How many sys restore points do you usually have? 100? More? Can you create a restore point, run CC, and it's gone?

• Moderators

Please do not shout. Capital letters are considered as shouting.

You will help yourself to get help and advice if you give more info such as which operating system you use.

Do you have any other computer problem?

When did this problem start?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com