Strange YahooMail Problem

Tom AZ

Everything seemed fine a couple days ago, but I've started having a very strange problem with YahooMail -- but only in Firefox. When I try to login to either one of my YahooMail accounts, it appears that everything is loading properly, but then all I get is a blank screen and it indicates that it's done loading. Interestingly enough, my Gmail works fine in Firefox.

By the way, both YahooMail accounts work fine with IE -- so it must be some kind of Firefox issue, but I can't figure it out. I've tried several things, but it still doesn't work. Any help or suggestions??

Try it in Firefox Portable and see how it goes, that way your older installation won't be messed with.

That's a good idea, Andavari. However, I did install the most current standard version of FF under Returnil. Unfortunately, it didn't help at all. This whole thing is so bizarre. As far as I can tell, the only pages that won't load are my Yahoo Mail pages. They yield nothing but a blank screen. So far, every other site loads and responds just fine. I"m sure there's an answer, but who knows what it is!

I don't have FireFox, but I had a smiliar problem for about a week. It occured in both Opera and IE. Everything seems OK for now so maybe your issue will be sorted out soon.

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

Maybe something on Yahoo's end, and it wouldn't be the first web based email to stop working in Firefox.

Also check for blockages on your end in your Windows HOSTS file and browser ad blockers for any Yahoo.com addresses. If you're using AdBlock Plus temporarily disable it and see if Yahoo Mail works.

That's very interesting. Did your problem also involve YahooMail? I hope I'm as fortunate with a resolution.

Yep it was with Yahoo mail. Has it gotten sorted out for you yet??

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?