LockHunter

ishan_rulz

Unlocker doesn't support 64-bit Windows, so here we are sharing another file unlocking software which supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions.

"LockHunter" is a free tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason. Unlike other similar tools it deletes files into the recycle bin so you may restore them if deleted by mistake.

Features List:

* Shows processes locking a file or folder

* Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file

* Allows to kill locking process

* Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive

* Integrates in to Explorer menu

* It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake

* Supports both 32 and 64bit Windows

It supports Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008 and 7.

Homepage

Simplicity is hard.

It installs without a reboot so I tried it under virtualization. Installs quickly. Made 49 registry entries, most are not required for operation, such as "LastVisitedMRU", "OpenSaveMRU", etc.

No problems, but no apparent improvement over Unlocker. LockHunter didn't recognize the presence of the hidden "temporary internet files" folder. Also, it could not delete C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\***.tmp. Unlocker offered to delete it, but I didn't want to anyway, just testing. Also, not entirely sure what that file is...Unlocker says that an anti spyware app has it locked, so I left it alone.

Will stay with Unlocker for now, but keep checking LockHunter. Thanks, ishan_rulz. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.