Piriform should develop backup software

DynaWerx

I am an avid fan of CCleaner, Defraggler and Recuva. To me, the obvious next step for Piriform is to develop a data backup program. Something that can burn directly to CD or DVD and can burn across multiple disks. Archiving and encryption would be nice bonuses as well.

I recently did some searching for a free backup program for Windows -- funny thing is, there's really not many out there. And even if there were, I'm sure Piriform could do it better.

Anyway, it just seems like a logical fit in Piriform's already excellent portfolio.

Welcome to Piriform DynaWerx.

I am an avid fan of CCleaner, Defraggler and Recuva. To me, the obvious next step for Piriform is to develop a data backup program. Something that can burn directly to CD or DVD and can burn across multiple disks. Archiving and encryption would be nice bonuses as well.

I recently did some searching for a free backup program for Windows -- funny thing is, there's really not many out there. And even if there were, I'm sure Piriform could do it better.

Anyway, it just seems like a logical fit in Piriform's already excellent portfolio.

Something else he/she wants for free. :P

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators

There's already many good freeware backup programs available and when coupled with a free CD/DVD burning program like my new free favourite CDBurnerXP you can backup your files rather easily.

Unless of course you have an insanely huge music and video collection, which really requires a second hard disk for a proper backup.

• 2 weeks later...
There's already many good freeware backup programs available and when coupled with a free CD/DVD burning program like my new free favourite CDBurnerXP you can backup your files rather easily.

Andavari, would you know how this program compares to Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 Free....about the same, a little better, much better, or not as good?

• Moderators

razz just to say Ashampoo has a more updated one free than the one you mention

http://www.v3.co.uk/vnunet/downloads/22352...ing-studio-2009

I use Ashampoo all the time, and never had a problem with it. Can be used to burn discs, iso's and backup files to disc in mainly 1 click operation mode.

I'm sure Andavari will give his opinion of the two apps here when he sees this.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

They're both actually comparable however I think getting things done in CDBurnerXP is a little easier and quicker, and since CDBurnerXP has extensive online help documentation it's now my pick, can't beat it's updater either as it will download the new version setup file directly to the desktop and start the installation.

I'm thoroughly impressed with CDBurnerXP as it replaced two burning apps on my system, those being Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009 which would sometimes crash for no apparent reason (actually all versions of Burning Studio would crash periodically on my system), and ImgBurn which is devoid of any documentation and now has those rather childish and stupid joke/humor comments shown in the GUI which can't be disabled like in previous versions.

They're both actually comparable however I think getting things done in CDBurnerXP is a little easier and quicker, and since CDBurnerXP has extensive online help documentation it's now my pick, can't beat it's updater either as it will download the new version setup file directly to the desktop and start the installation.

I'm thoroughly impressed with CDBurnerXP as it replaced two burning apps on my system, those being Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009 which would sometimes crash for no apparent reason (actually all versions of Burning Studio would crash periodically on my system), and ImgBurn which is devoid of any documentation and now has those rather childish and stupid joke/humor comments shown in the GUI which can't be disabled like in previous versions.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out for sure.