Found a cool filehosting website

Icedrake

Check out this website: www.filehosting.org Clean website, no ads or popups, 2 gig per sec bandwidth, even allows archive uploads, and has 20 servers. I tested it out and uploaded some files, and I have to say, it worked very fast. The only downer is that to get a download link for your file, you have to enter an email address. It's also very simple and it also has no size limit to the file you can upload (MediaFire max upload size is only 100 megs). Seems pretty good, but I'll still probably use MediaFire, even though this is an alternative.

This is quoted from their site about their site:

filehosting.org provides an easy possibility for you to send large files to your friends. Just upload the file you want to share with your friends and we send you a download link to your file. You can give this download link to your friends by mail or messanger. It is also allowed to link to the download page from websites and communities. This is easy, fast and reliable filehosting!

You don't need any kind of premium-accounts, our service is completely free for everyone. You can upload any type of file (movies, music, documents, images, zip files and more). Any file in any format can be uploaded and downloaded for free. We have no file size limit. There are no restrictions on the number of times a file can be downloaded.

Files can be downloaded from any computer from our high speed servers. You don't need any special software installed to be able to download your files. You decide who you want to share your files with. Keep your files private, or send your download links only to friends or family. Alternatively you can choose to share your download links on blogs, forums and social networking sites

By the way, this is NOT my new alternative to MediaFire (even though I accidentally said it and could a mod please change that to something like: "An alternative to MediaFire"). This is just another good filehosting service.

• Moderators
By the way, this is NOT my new alternative to MediaFire (even though I accidentally said it and could a mod please change that to something like: "An alternative to MediaFire"). This is just another good filehosting service.

Done!

(MediaFire max upload size is only 100 megs).

RapidShare allows for 200 MB, but sometimes the downloads are slow. You can also use split archives to negate file size limits on just about any file hosting service (that is if they allow it and both MediaFire and RapidShare do allow it.)

That new file hosting site looks good, but sometimes there's stuff I want to store off system for a non-local backup copy just in case.

I've tried that one before, it's pretty cool.

myuserbar.gif

My computer:

AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core

3.00 gb RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

600 gb Hard Drive, 3 partitions

Windows Vista Premium 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

• Moderators

I like MediaFire for the fact that it's now working properly again and not having failed CRC checksums on uploading, and since you can mark files and folders as private which turns their text red, meaning nobody else can download those private files even if they have valid links to them.