COOKIE DELETION HELP!

feetz123

Ok when you go to options and then cookies on your ccleaner............You have a list that says: "Cookies to Delete".......................How do i delete those cookies?

By default, all cookies are in the Cookies to Delete column. They are deleted when ccleaner is run.

No fate but what we make

By default, all cookies are in the Cookies to Delete column. They are deleted when ccleaner is run.

A 1000$ question - ever since the installation of 2.19.889 the same (old) 30 cookies reappear in

cookies to be deleted folder - just how do you go about to delete them ?

:P Step 1: Go to OPTIONS page and separate the cookies, as it shows,

Step 2: Go to the CLEANER page and click only "COOKIES",

Step 3: Click ANALYSE button.

Step 4: Click RUN CLEANER button and wave goodbye to those covert cookies.

:P Step 1: Go to OPTIONS page and separate the cookies, as it shows,

Step 2: Go to the CLEANER page and click only "COOKIES",

Step 3: Click ANALYSE button.

Step 4: Click RUN CLEANER button and wave goodbye to those covert cookies.

Thanks for the suggestion but I?ve been there done that.

Not even with 2.19 900 after reboot does the list with "cookies to be deleted"

within the CCleaner disappear.

IDENT, he is trying to say THE DELETE FUNCTION does NOT WORK for him, IT IS NOT working for me either.

the cookie DELETE section NEVER CLEARS OUT.

It is a problem at the moment guys, and I'm sure it's being worked on.

Dennis, if it helps get things fixed, I've confirmed that it's Firefox cookies that aren't being cleaned--the IE cookies are getting cleaned out just fine.

Just for the record I am using IE8, and am getting the same problem.

Items showing in the "Cookies to Delete" column, in the OPTIONS section, are NOT picked up by the "analyse cookies" button, NOR are they removed when Ccleaner is run.

I have now reluctantly uninstalled, and hope the problem can be fixed.

It is a problem at the moment guys, and I'm sure it's being worked on.

That's an assumption - you know what they say about ass-u-me! ;) I'm having exactly the same problem, this is with IE8 and CCleaner 2.19.900.

Thanks, MrBill

I am experiencing the same cookie removals issue with CCleaner 2.19.900. In my case, there are 18 cookies listed by CCleaner in the "to be removed" column and this column does not change when the cleaning operations are carried out. However, these are not current cookies in any of IE7, Firefox 3.0.10, or SeaMonkey 1.1.16. They do not appear in my FF3 profile in either of the files "cookies.sqlite" or "cookiesnew.txt". They look to me like old, maybe very old, cookies from sites that have been visited in the past, but not in the last few days (e.g., oprah.com). I don't see any other very likely locations in my FF3 profile, however.

I just checked and found that ALL the offending cookies were in these two paths:

C:\Users\[My-user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

C:\Users\[My-user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Deleting just one folder did not do the trick, so I deleted the contents of both folders and the cookie list went blank.

So was deleting these 2 folders a mistake? I doubt it but if so I'm sure I'll be able to fix it when needed.

Hopefully the CCleaner author(s) now have the ammunition they need to make a permanent fix to their fine program!

-MrBill

Don't know if this helps, but see my latest reply...to myself, in the Bug section of CCleaner, re another problem with cookies.

It worked for me...don't know about IE8, using IE7.

Don't know if this helps, but see my latest reply...to myself, in the Bug section of CCleaner, re another problem with cookies.

I restored the folders mentioned in post #13 above, then checked Adobe Flash Player . . . the cookies went away when I ran CCleaner. Thanks for the tip Lonnie!

- MrBill

I restored the folders mentioned in post #13 above, then checked Adobe Flash Player . . . the cookies went away when I ran CCleaner. Thanks for the tip Lonnie!

- MrBill

You're quite welcome. Did you also do the Flash Manager Settings? I don't have a link for that, but perhaps googling for Adobe Flash Settings might get you there.

Thanks to all of the above posters! I had also overlooked the addition of Flash cookies to CCleaner's working subjects. Checking the Adobe Flash Player box took car of the issues altogether.

:) See my reply to MrBill.

• 2 weeks later...

Just addding my thanks to all the posters on this thread. I was having the same problem clearing my cookies with CCleaner v. 2.19.901 and IE8 v. 8.0.6001.18702, and enabling the Adobe Flash Player check box on the Applications tab cleared all the cookies in the Cookies to Delete list (Options).

There is an excellent article on these "hidden" flash cookies at http://blog.itsecurityexpert.co.uk/2007/12...sh-cookies.html that has a link to the Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html). As far as I can tell, disabling the "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer" check box on the Global Storage Settings Panel will prevent any of these flash cookies from being saved on your PC in the first place, but I haven't tested this to see if this causes any unexpected problems.

• 2 weeks later...

i went through all of the above iterations and found that cccleaner 2.19.901 reported the cookies as erased. then i looked in firefox3 and found none of the cookies erased. then i returned to ccleaner to see that all of the old cookies were once again reported as being present. went back to firefox, i manually deleted some cookies and left others - ccleaner reported this list correctly. then ran crap cleaner again - and cookies were not erased. if fact, a new cookie appeared on the ccleaner list which was not in the firefox list - there is obviously a major bug going on here