Some issues reg cleaner etc

DrazzilBetahi

The reg cleaner isn't as complete as jv16's cleaner. Why it that? I've read a couple of posts on CC having to run on all accounts for proper cleaning. Can't you just add the temp and other directories of the other users to the Options...Other Folders for this to work? TIA Nice product!!

• Moderators
The reg cleaner isn't as complete as jv16's cleaner.  Why it that?

There aren't too many programs with registry cleaners as powerful as the one Jouni has in JV16 PowerTools. The registry cleaner in CCleaner is among the safest if not the safest one I've ever used which makes it fool proof. The problem with powerful registry cleaners is the ability to cause severe problems such as having to reinstall programs, or worse making Windows unbootable.

CrapCleaners main job is to safely and quickly clear junk, it's not intended to be a powerful registry cleaner, although the one included does do a nice job, and safely.

RegSeeker is the best registry cleaner I've found, and it's free, unlike JV's products. I've used RegSeeker for about 3 years and never had a problem with it. I can't say the same for JV16 PowerTools.

• Moderators

RegSeeker is somewhat "safe" so long as someone knows what not to delete and what to put into the exclude.ini file. If anyone wants to see my exclude.ini file I'll post it but only if requested to do so.