Cleaning "Application Data"

Recently I was cleaning out my disk space and found that even though I use CCLeaner everyday, there were tidbits of uninstalled programs left on disk.

Specifically in "Application Data" folder under Documents and Settings > Username, there are folders left over by programs that have long been removed from the system. Can u pls include an option to delete such folders whose creator programs have been uninstalled already?

Also, same thing in "Program Files". I understand some programs may not make registry entries so it may be difficult to detect which program is here that has already been unisntalled, so it can be an OPTION, since in my system I know all my programs have been registered with the registry.

Nice idea, if they can get it working , as you said it may be hard to match some folders up with registry entries,

but a cleaner should clean and clean safely, not just try to be fast.

fireryone

Also, it wont take any more time than deleting the index.dat

Actually it would. Since there are millions of apps it would take forever to see if there are traces in registry, HD, etc.

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

• Moderators

I actually think it would probably add time to the cleaning, then there's the issue if something goes horribly wrong such as killing off a working and needed application.

Get into the habit of keeping your system tidy from installs/uninstalls by tracking installations with an install watcher like Total Uninstall (Last Freeware Version), or ZSoft Uninstaller and many of the left over bits can be easily gotten rid of with a proper uninstall.

I have actually used an uninstall manager before but I think I may give this Total Uninstall a try just to say I have ;)

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif